My system details are Intel Pentium 4 - 3.0 GHz HT Processor (800 FSB), 256 MB

My system details are Intel Pentium 4 - 3.0 GHz HT Processor (800 FSB), 256 MB RAM, 80 GB SATA HDD. Can I upgrade this to 2GB DDR2 RAM if not 1GB DDR1 RAM?
- Ravi
6 answers Last reply
More about system details intel pentium processor
  1. Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

What mobtherboard do you have?
  2. Hi friend,

Motherboard details are as follows:

Manufacturer: MSI
    Multi-Processor Support: NO
    MPS Version: 1.40
    Model: MS-7131
    Version: REV:1.0
    BIOS: 04/13/2005-Grantsdale-A79DM4IC-00
    Chipset: Inter 915G/GV (Grantsdale)
  3. Sorry yravis,

Ur motherboard maximum supports 2GB of DDR1 Ram ,So u cannot upgrade ur ram to 2gb DDR2 ram!DDR2 rams does not fix on DDR1 ram slots Or buy a motherboard with ddr2 Support and upgrade ur ram

Difference between ddr2 and ddr1 ram and more:

http://hubpages.com/hub/DDR1__DDR2__DDR3_Navigating_The_RAM_Maze
  4. Well, unfortunately Aneesh@4GHz is right, your mobo only support DDR 2GB(2x1GB) 333MHz or 400MHz.
  5. Aneesh@4GHz said:
    Sorry yravis,

Ur motherboard maximum supports 2GB of DDR1 Ram ,So u cannot upgrade ur ram to 2gb DDR2 ram!DDR2 rams does not fix on DDR1 ram slots Or buy a motherboard with ddr2 Support and upgrade ur ram

Difference between ddr2 and ddr1 ram and more:

http://hubpages.com/hub/DDR1__DDR2__DDR3_Navigating_The_RAM_Maze

For my PC the system manufacturer is CPQ_SB_M30 and System Model is AWRDACPI. I have 256 MB RAM 133 MHz. I want it to upgrade. So please tell me the maximum RAM size PC can handle and which type of RAM should I use? And How do you tell the answer? I also want to know the method. Thanking you.
  6. my system details are pentium 4- celeron 2.0 GHz, ram 256, 40GB pata HDD, can i upgrade this with 1GB ddr ram and hdd 160GB. plz reply my em@il---- sakil_biswas@yahoo.com plz plz plz
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Pentium RAM Processors