Best solution

a b V Motherboard
a c 242 K Overclocking
October 18, 2011 12:41:10 AM

It should be fit and fine
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
October 18, 2011 1:52:04 AM

yes i will, but i feel like it's just similiar to the stock AMD fan, why don't you upgrade to a Cooler Master Hyper 212+ or a V6GT if you'll be overclocking.
m
l
Related resources
October 18, 2011 6:18:23 AM

ilysaml said:
yes i will, but i feel like it's just similiar to the stock AMD fan, why don't you upgrade to a Cooler Master Hyper 212+ or a V6GT if you'll be overclocking.

Similar to a stock? Quite far from that. I checked the numbers at a web site that does very detailed testing of CPU cooling and found the GeminII S to be a very good choice. It also has the advantage of pulling air strait from the air intake duct on the side of my case so it is bowing cool outside air instead of heated case air over the fins like the Hyper 212 would. The GeminII S also has the heat pipes spread out over the entire fin area whereas the Hyper 212 has them in two tightly packed groups thereby reducing their effectiveness.

From the web site that reviewed it.
Quote:
Overall, if you are looking for a nice way to cool your processor and you are looking for a low profile cooler, the GeminII S is the perfect choice for you. You don't even have to want a low profile cooler to get this one, it was able to cool my Q9450 within a few degrees of the TRUE and costs less! What more could you want from a CPU cooler?
m
l
a b K Overclocking
October 18, 2011 8:32:14 AM

I think the point the other poster was trying to make was why not get a better cooler. Something that directed airflow better out of the case, as with this cooler from the looks if it would mainly blow air down towards the motherboard and than SOME of it out toward the back of the case to be exhausted as well as the ram. So some of the air will be recirculated back into the case which will bring up the overall temperature of the case which is counter productive.

Where as a proper tower heatsink will suck in air and exhaust it out in more of a straight line out of the back of the case so it won't be circulated back into the case like the GerminII S.

And yes I read the article on frostytech and chart comparisons, there are still far superior coolers for a computer which I would suggest getting if you computer can fit it. And try to keep airflow in mind when selecting a cooler, as properly managing airflow will make a big impact on your system for cooling.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
October 18, 2011 12:53:31 PM

assasin32 said:
I think the point the other poster was trying to make was why not get a better cooler. Something that directed airflow better out of the case, as with this cooler from the looks if it would mainly blow air down towards the motherboard and than SOME of it out toward the back of the case to be exhausted as well as the ram. So some of the air will be recirculated back into the case which will bring up the overall temperature of the case which is counter productive.

Where as a proper tower heatsink will suck in air and exhaust it out in more of a straight line out of the back of the case so it won't be circulated back into the case like the GerminII S.

And yes I read the article on frostytech and chart comparisons, there are still far superior coolers for a computer which I would suggest getting if you computer can fit it. And try to keep airflow in mind when selecting a cooler, as properly managing airflow will make a big impact on your system for cooling.

+1
m
l
a c 302 V Motherboard
a c 295 K Overclocking
October 18, 2011 2:10:11 PM

What case do you have? What budget do you have?

That cooler is universal, so, can works without problem in any AM3+ mobo but if you have a good case and want overclock with good temps I suggest your go with a better cooler.
m
l
October 20, 2011 7:57:01 PM

Best answer selected by DJRWolf.
m
l
!