Mugen 3 on asrock p67 w/ i2500k.. idle @ 37-38?? Bad?

Sadukar

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
So just installed the Scythe Mugen 3 with 1 fan.. Currently have the p67 outside the case with just the memory and video card. My temps in bios are reading as 37c for the cpu and 34c for the mobo. Seems a bit high for idle.. Already re-applied the paste but hasnt reduce the degrees at all. ANyone else have the Mugen?

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007

I have a Mugen 2 and it dropped my temps like mad. almost 10c and allowed me to OC my i5 750 from 2.66 to 4.0 and during gaming I rarely go over 60c. And that is in the heat of the summer

What kind of CPU? Is it overclocked? What were the temps before the Mugen, with the stock fan?

Sadukar

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
i5 2500k ..not overclocked..just started the build and testing before i install mobo into case....havent tested the stock fan. See no reason to..dont want to have to take off the mugen bracket to install the stock.

Always run your stock heatsink first, so in case you have a problem with the CPU and have to RMA it, the thermal compound on the heatsink base has melted and made contact, Intel will require you RMA the CPU as it was boxed, back to them, if they see you have not used the stock heatsink, it's an automatic warranty void.

Always run the stock heatsink first, long enough to melt the thermal compound.