Sign in with
Your question
Solved

What Liquid Cooling Should I Buy?

Last response: in Overclocking
Anonymous
October 17, 2011 10:55:58 PM

I'm buying a CoolerMaster HAF X 942 case and I was wondering what liquid CPU cooling (and possibly liquid GPU cooling if not pricey) should I buy...

I'm not sure if it helps but I'm buying a i5 2500k , ASUS P8P67 MOBO, CoolerMaster 1000watt PSU and 2x XFX (debating on brand still, input on this if you'd like) 6950's in Crossfire for my rig.

~Main Questions-
- What liquid CPU cooler should I buy (preferably glowing red tubes =P) for roughly $80-$140?
- I'm new to liquid cooling but I catch on quickly/can read how-to's well/etc., so would I be able to get a "somewhat easy to install" liquid GPU cooler for my 6950's that wouldn't be over $200 for both?
- For the radiator, would I not be able to have my two 200mm fans on the top (inside) of the case still? Or how would that work? (fans below radiator? or radiator outside of case? I'm not sure)

Feel free to answer as many as my (possibly dumb) questions as possible, post links if that would be better than explaining, or whatever is easier for you.

Thanks to all in advance and sorry for the novel of a question.

More about : liquid cooling buy

a c 324 K Overclocking
October 18, 2011 8:00:22 PM

XSPC Rasa RX360 + GPU block would be somewhat close to the overall budget of $200. You could do the RS (linked above) and would also be fine; just have to decide on how much to spend on the GPU block. For ~$200...likely a universal GPU block and some RAMsinks over a full-cover GPU block (~$100/each)
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
October 18, 2011 8:25:10 PM

rubix_1011 said:
XSPC Rasa RX360 + GPU block would be somewhat close to the overall budget of $200. You could do the RS (linked above) and would also be fine; just have to decide on how much to spend on the GPU block. For ~$200...likely a universal GPU block and some RAMsinks over a full-cover GPU block (~$100/each)

hm, dang I was hoping for some CPU liquid coolers that were pre-tubed, etc. I liked something like the Corsair H100, but wish the tubing would match the rest of my pc. Any ideas?
m
l
a c 324 K Overclocking
October 18, 2011 8:31:46 PM

You are only going to get that with an LCS, and you can get the tubing in any color, as long as it is black.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
October 18, 2011 10:24:21 PM

You aren't really going to get a kit under $200 and $250ish for a Swiftech kit.

With that being said, it *may* be possible if you buy 2nd hand parts or lower priced parts and do a custom loop. For example, you can find a EK Supreme LTX for around $30-$40 or so. You can probably find the older Swiftech GTZs for around the same price used. Buying a block and rad 2nd hand shouldn't be a problem in most cases. But do invest in a new pump unless you can get something like a MCP655 for around $30-35 or so.
m
l
a c 324 K Overclocking
October 18, 2011 10:27:28 PM

$200- Not a CPU+GPU setup, no. You'd have to get very frugal and creative, used? Yes.

$250...eh, you could possibly go the route of Rasa RS/RX360 kit + GPU block and do fine...lots of folks are running this setup.

@Shadow- BTW...you just randomly show up and then disappear...stick around for a while. How's school?
m
l
a b K Overclocking
October 18, 2011 10:29:08 PM

Quote:
$250...eh, you could possibly go the route of Rasa RS/RX360 kit + GPU block and do fine...lots of folks are running this setup.

Eh. Still prefer a Swiftech kit.

/Swiftech fanboi ;) 
m
l
a c 324 K Overclocking
October 19, 2011 1:52:05 AM

As do I, but not everyone has a Swiftech budget. :) 
m
l
Anonymous
October 19, 2011 2:13:17 AM

rubix_1011 said:
As do I, but not everyone has a Swiftech budget. :) 
\

Hm... I might consider it down the road... Probably will just go with the Corsair H100 right now and not OC my 6950's.

Btw, where would I be able to mount my radiator if I have two 200mm fans at the top of my HAF X 942? And would it be possible to put my radiator outside of my case?
m
l
a c 324 K Overclocking
October 19, 2011 2:29:18 AM

Doesn't it have 120mm fan mount holes up there? If so, go that route. You could mount it out back, but how are you going to get the LCS pump inside, and the rad outside...without disconnecting the tubing? Defeats the purpose of the LCS cooler...unless you are looking for mounting options for an actual WC build? (confused where you are actually going at this point).
m
l
Anonymous
October 19, 2011 2:43:59 AM

rubix_1011 said:
Doesn't it have 120mm fan mount holes up there? If so, go that route. You could mount it out back, but how are you going to get the LCS pump inside, and the rad outside...without disconnecting the tubing? Defeats the purpose of the LCS cooler...unless you are looking for mounting options for an actual WC build? (confused where you are actually going at this point).

But your saying I take off one of the fans? I'm sorry, all of this information is brand new to me.

would this be a good idea to go with? http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14189/cst-1229/Custom...
m
l
a b K Overclocking
October 19, 2011 3:22:11 AM

You'd just take off the 200mm fans up there - they use normal screws.

The top of the 942 supports a 3x120mm radiator last time I checked, which is great if you want to cool your GPUs. Most cases only support 2x120mm rads, which are good for like one component ;) 
m
l
a b K Overclocking
October 19, 2011 3:28:25 AM

Anonymous said:

would this be a good idea to go with? http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14189/cst-1229/Custom...

I don't like this kit for a few reasons.

1) It uses the RS360 instead of the RX360 (much better performance)
2) The top 200mm fans are still used, and bigger fans aren't great for watercooling simply because they don't have high static pressures or CFM ratings
3) The included 120mm fans are not named, and my guess is that they aren't a great brand for what you could get at that price
4) The XSPC X2O is a good budget builder pump, but there's definitely better out there for ~$20 more.
5) You only get CPU cooling with this loop
6) It's EXPENSIVE considering how easy it is to watercool in this specific case (HAF 942 - $180 + XSPC RS360 kit - $150 = $330 not including shipping vs. $450 + S&H)
m
l
Anonymous
October 19, 2011 3:33:19 AM

boiler1990 said:
I don't like this kit for a few reasons.

1) It uses the RS360 instead of the RX360 (much better performance)
2) The top 200mm fans are still used, and bigger fans aren't great for watercooling simply because they don't have high static pressures or CFM ratings
3) The included 120mm fans are not named, and my guess is that they aren't a great brand for what you could get at that price
4) The XSPC X2O is a good budget builder pump, but there's definitely better out there for ~$20 more.
5) You only get CPU cooling with this loop
6) It's EXPENSIVE considering how easy it is to watercool in this specific case (HAF 942 - $180 + XSPC RS360 kit - $150 = $330 not including shipping vs. $450 + S&H)

Ok thanks a ton. Could you guide me to an easy to build setup? Like with the reservoir in the front drive spots, etc.? I'm also trying to go for bright red tubing.

And I obviously know how annoying it must be talking to somebody who has 0% knowledge in this stuff and I thank you for bearing with it. I can't stand it when somebody doesn't know something that seems so simple, but that's just me, I can't help it haha.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
October 19, 2011 1:50:34 PM

Quote:
Ok thanks a ton. Could you guide me to an easy to build setup? Like with the reservoir in the front drive spots, etc.? I'm also trying to go for bright red tubing.

There are several drive bay options. XSPC makes some of the cheaper ones, but they work well. You can get the XSPC X2O 750 with a decent, built-in pump, or you can buy one of their DualBay reservoirs for use with a MCP350/355 (DDC) or MCP655 (D5) - there are different models for these different pumps.

I think you can fit a second 240mm rad in addition to the 360mm top rad. The RX360 would be awesome for a GPU, but *might* be able to cool your GPU and CPU without OCs.

Quote:
And I obviously know how annoying it must be talking to somebody who has 0% knowledge in this stuff and I thank you for bearing with it. I can't stand it when somebody doesn't know something that seems so simple, but that's just me, I can't help it haha.

That's why we like Tom's - as Rubix usually talks about, we focus mostly on teaching people.

I remember when I was trying to understand what a *delta* was in a loop when I was reading the radiator test charts, and the guys at overclockers.com kept telling me to read the stickies (even though I did - there just never was definition). We then got into a ~1 page discussion about reading vs. asking simple questions.

m
l
a c 324 K Overclocking
October 19, 2011 1:57:14 PM

^Yeah, that's what I try to avoid happening here. Everyone starts out somewhere...a lot of those forums are guys that have been doing it for years and have a lot of experience, but think everyone just ramps up to speed immediately. It isn't rocket science, but it has a lot of concepts to understand at first. That's why I wrote the sticky- to try and translate as much information into a format that beginners can easily pick up. I've been watercooling for 9+ years- I just prefer to help people get started than read dudes arguing over minuscule details and concepts on hardware or loop design. At the end of the day... a difference in .5C isn't going to matter to anyone. However, they do have a lot of guys doing some advanced and experimental kind of cooling...but we are starting to get more of that on here, as well as some good build logs and pics. We never had that until several of us got together and focused on getting a dedicated watercooling forum and added the input.
m
l
a c 286 K Overclocking
October 19, 2011 2:03:16 PM

^Good words sir.
m
l
a c 324 K Overclocking
October 19, 2011 2:10:48 PM

Thanks!

I'm in the camp that you can have experience and still be patient enough to help those that are just getting into the hobby. Like I said...we all started somewhere, and I'd rather help someone get started on the right foot, than spend extra money on junk and get poor results...thereby ruining their expectations of watercooling without actually experiencing the good stuff. Plus, here, it is a more fun atmosphere to teach and interact without people flaming ideas or simply posting 'go read stickies and come back when you know something'. There has been a very nice culture swing since we got the watercooling forum established - a lot of long time people, a lot of interaction and centralized information for everyone to easily find. It's been well worth the work everyone has put in.
m
l
Anonymous
October 19, 2011 7:50:37 PM

Quote:
I think you can fit a second 240mm rad in addition to the 360mm top rad. The RX360 would be awesome for a GPU, but *might* be able to cool your GPU and CPU without OCs.

What do you mean by this? I'm confused just because of the wording. Your saying I can have a 240mm radiator with a 360mm radiator at the top of my case? Also, did you mean "with" at the end?

And I see you have two 6950's in crossfire. Could I ask your resolution? Can you run all games on maxed settings? And how would you compare two 6950's to two 6970's? (I'm buying very soon with my new pc)

Quote:
I'm in the camp that you can have experience and still be patient enough to help those that are just getting into the hobby. Like I said...we all started somewhere, and I'd rather help someone get started on the right foot, than spend extra money on junk and get poor results...thereby ruining their expectations of watercooling without actually experiencing the good stuff. Plus, here, it is a more fun atmosphere to teach and interact without people flaming ideas or simply posting 'go read stickies and come back when you know something'. There has been a very nice culture swing since we got the watercooling forum established - a lot of long time people, a lot of interaction and centralized information for everyone to easily find. It's been well worth the work everyone has put in.

To be honest, I'm just looking for a few examples for a i5 2500k with two 6970's in a HAF X 942 case. It's not that I'm lazy (total opposite considering the research I've been doing in the last week), it's that I have no clue where to start. I would really appreciate it if I could get a full setup I could look at (links,etc.) or something close to that. I'm very sorry if this has been consuming your time, but i'll make sure not to bother you again. :p 

And yes, I read the sticky multiple times to get a firm grip on watercooling. I'm just confused because I'm asking something that's different from what's on there. I believe that's more of the explanation of each part, etc. And good thing your totally opposite of me. I wouldn't survive a day on here if I were you lol.

m
l
a c 324 K Overclocking
October 19, 2011 7:56:50 PM

What he is saying, is that can you fit another 2x120 rad elsewhere in the case with the 3x120 rad (in the top)...having 2 rads. Otherwise, we're saying the RX360 rad would be fine for a CPU+ Crossfire GPU loop if you ran at stock or very minimal OC since the output on the 6950's isn't too high. Depending on overclocks planned, you might be wise to consider another radiator.
m
l
Anonymous
October 19, 2011 8:00:20 PM

rubix_1011 said:
What he is saying, is that can you fit another 2x120 rad elsewhere in the case with the 3x120 rad (in the top)...having 2 rads. Otherwise, we're saying the RX360 rad would be fine for a CPU+ Crossfire GPU loop if you ran at stock or very minimal OC since the output on the 6950's isn't too high. Depending on overclocks planned, you might be wise to consider another radiator.

Ah.... and sorry I edited my earlier post and put this in it for you to see, but your lightning fast replies beat me to it lol.

(To be honest, I'm just looking for a few examples for a i5 2500k with two 6970's in a HAF X 942 case. It's not that I'm lazy (total opposite considering the research I've been doing in the last week), it's that I have no clue where to start. I would really appreciate it if I could get a full setup I could look at (links,etc.) or something close to that. I'm very sorry if this has been consuming your time, but i'll make sure not to bother you again. :p  )

Also, I plan on OC'ing my CPU to roughly 4.0-4.3GHz, and hoping to OC my 6950's or 6970's a bit. But this will be overtime, not all at once. That's why I didn't totally consider GPU watercooling.
m
l
a c 324 K Overclocking
October 19, 2011 8:22:41 PM

What are the differences between the HAF X the 942 and the 922? The images I've seen of the 942 look identical to the X...and the 922 looks very similar. Depending on those, might be able to find you some images or a YouTube video.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
October 19, 2011 8:31:35 PM

The HAF X is technically the 942 (confusing but it also makes sense as it follows the 932, 922 and 912), and it's the biggest case HAF series case that Cooler Master makes.

I assume you're referring to the 932 and not the 922? The 922 is a mid while the 932 is a full tower. It took me a while to pick up on the differences, but the 942 has to be longer to accomodate the 360 rad. The 932 will support a 360 with modding but it takes space from the top one or two drive bays.

I'll post again about my 6950s; typing on my phone in a bumpy bus is just too hard
m
l
a c 324 K Overclocking
October 19, 2011 8:40:52 PM

Maybe so...either way, if the case sizes and layouts were close, you could do a little cross-research on them.
m
l
Anonymous
October 19, 2011 8:41:36 PM

rubix_1011 said:
What are the differences between the HAF X the 942 and the 922? The images I've seen of the 942 look identical to the X...and the 922 looks very similar. Depending on those, might be able to find you some images or a YouTube video.

HAF X 942 is extremely huge. I haven't seen much of the 922, but I'm convinced it's smaller than this.

http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6653

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fqdSPKlMOc&feature=play...
m
l
a b K Overclocking
October 19, 2011 8:48:10 PM

According to the Cooler Master Website:

HAF 932: 9.6" x 21.5" x 22.7" (WxHxD)
HAF X (942): 9.1" x 23.2" x 21.7" (WxHxD)

So they're the same length (which surprised me), but I found out why using a 360 rad in a 932 is a problem - the big hump thing in the front. There's mesh all the way to the front in the 942.

m
l
a c 324 K Overclocking
October 19, 2011 8:51:37 PM

That sounds like a familiar issue now that you mention the hump. That thing looks enormous...you can easily fit a 360 in the top (looks like even a thick without issue). I'm guessing if you pulled the drive cage and mounted your hard drives in a 5.25 mount or elsewhere, you could drop a 140 or 200 behind the front intake fan.
m
l
Anonymous
October 19, 2011 8:54:41 PM

rubix_1011 said:
That sounds like a familiar issue now that you mention the hump. That thing looks enormous...you can easily fit a 360 in the top (looks like even a thick without issue). I'm guessing if you pulled the drive cage and mounted your hard drives in a 5.25 mount or elsewhere, you could drop a 140 or 200 behind the front intake fan.

whoa you mean at the bottom in the front behind the LED fan? I thought they had to be mounted at the top
m
l
a b K Overclocking
October 19, 2011 8:58:06 PM

Quote:
And I see you have two 6950's in crossfire. Could I ask your resolution? Can you run all games on maxed settings? And how would you compare two 6950's to two 6970's? (I'm buying very soon with my new pc)

I run @ 1920x1080 right now. I could play ArmA 2 and Just Cause 2 @ 43 FPS on max settings and max AA. I haven't done a whole lot of framerate testing on my 2x6950 setup, but it's easily over 60FPS. I'm curious how it'll handle BF3, since there's all the talk going on with it being released next week.

The 6970s are really good at higher resolutions (like 27-30" monitors running at 2560x1440), and they do outperform the 6950s at 1920x1080, but as you can see from these benchmarks they're very close and almost not worth the extra money: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/299?vs=298

If you're sticking with 1920x1080 I'd go for something like EVGA's GTX 580 Hydrocoppers. The 580 is king at this resolution, and EVGA makes some great products. The Hydrocopper blocks actually perform pretty well compared to EK and DangerDen, and give you a single-slot GPU option. The 580 easily hits 60FPS in all of the benchmarks at 1920x1200, and you wouldn't notice anything beyond that. For less than 2x6970s it'll run everything you want at smooth framerates, and you can throw in another when the time comes: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/305?vs=298

Just my 2 cents ;) 
m
l
a b K Overclocking
October 19, 2011 9:00:10 PM

Anonymous said:
whoa you mean at the bottom in the front behind the LED fan? I thought they had to be mounted at the top

Anything can be mounted anywhere, really, as long as you're careful and know what to expect (main problem is air getting to the pump).

A 360 up top with a 240 with some good 120mm fans would be a great solution if you can get the 240 in the front there.
m
l
a c 324 K Overclocking
October 19, 2011 9:05:24 PM

Quote:

No way dude...they can go anywhere they will fit. Was this one of those 'AHA!' moments? :) 
m
l
Anonymous
October 19, 2011 9:26:40 PM

boiler1990 said:
Quote:

I run @ 1920x1080 right now. I could play ArmA 2 and Just Cause 2 @ 43 FPS on max settings and max AA. I haven't done a whole lot of framerate testing on my 2x6950 setup, but it's easily over 60FPS. I'm curious how it'll handle BF3, since there's all the talk going on with it being released next week.

The 6970s are really good at higher resolutions (like 27-30" monitors running at 2560x1440), and they do outperform the 6950s at 1920x1080, but as you can see from these benchmarks they're very close and almost not worth the extra money: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/299?vs=298

If you're sticking with 1920x1080 I'd go for something like EVGA's GTX 580 Hydrocoppers. The 580 is king at this resolution, and EVGA makes some great products. The Hydrocopper blocks actually perform pretty well compared to EK and DangerDen, and give you a single-slot GPU option. The 580 easily hits 60FPS in all of the benchmarks at 1920x1200, and you wouldn't notice anything beyond that. For less than 2x6970s it'll run everything you want at smooth framerates, and you can throw in another when the time comes: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/305?vs=298

Just my 2 cents ;) 

Hm, I still don't like the price of GTX 580's, it still seems like a 6970 when I buy my whole setup and one once I work another 50 hours or so (minimum wage is ftw?) would be better. But that's just me.

And holy sh*t nice benchmark site, I was looking for something like this....

m
l
Anonymous
October 19, 2011 9:28:58 PM

boiler1990 said:
Anything can be mounted anywhere, really, as long as you're careful and know what to expect (main problem is air getting to the pump).

A 360 up top with a 240 with some good 120mm fans would be a great solution if you can get the 240 in the front there.

So I would have fewer regular fans? (for example, if I put a radiator in the front, I'd totally replace the LED fan in front?)

m
l
Anonymous
October 19, 2011 9:31:53 PM

rubix_1011 said:
Quote:

No way dude...they can go anywhere they will fit. Was this one of those 'AHA!' moments? :) 

Yes! EXACTLY! haha

I've learned so much in such little time, this is amazing. Tom's Hardware all the way.

Also directed about 20-25 people here with tech questions, this is the #1 tech help forum no doubt
m
l

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
October 19, 2011 9:32:48 PM

Quote:
Hm, I still don't like the price of GTX 580's, it still seems like a 6970 when I buy my whole setup and one once I work another 50 hours or so (minimum wage is ftw?) would be better. But that's just me.

Ah, I thought you were getting ready to drop $700+ on 2x6970s from the start. The 6950 2GB/6970s would be a good place to build up from.

Quote:
So I would have fewer regular fans? (for example, if I put a radiator in the front, I'd totally replace the LED fan in front?)

If you ran a 140mm or 200mm radiator in the front, you could leave the 230mm fan up front. However, if you run a 2x120mm radiator you're much better off with 120mm fans (2 of them or 4 for push/pull).
a c 324 K Overclocking
October 19, 2011 9:35:27 PM

^ Ding Ding Ding...Winner!

Quote:
And holy sh*t nice benchmark site, I was looking for something like this....

Yeah, I like their comparison, but they don't have an extensive list for GPUs.
m
l
a c 286 K Overclocking
October 19, 2011 9:40:23 PM

Just for let you know guys, the HAF X (HAF 942) can fit a 360 radiator or 480 radiator at top of the case.
m
l
Anonymous
October 19, 2011 9:47:21 PM

Quote:
If you ran a 140mm or 200mm radiator in the front, you could leave the 230mm fan up front. However, if you run a 2x120mm radiator you're much better off with 120mm fans (2 of them or 4 for push/pull).

Ok, I think I finally figured this out. When I get a radiator, it doesn't even have a fan (thought one was built in), and you just set it up behind one of your case fans(like the LED one on the front)?

And if I have that right, wouldn't 120mm x2 not fit in the 230mm fan spot?

Quote:
Yeah, I like their comparison, but they don't have an extensive list for GPUs

Yea, but hey, it's what I've been looking for. All I've been getting is biased comments from possible AMD/Nvidia spies whenever I asked for comparisons between 6950/6950 CF, 6970/6970 CF, 570/570 SLI, 580/580 SLI. So it is nice to finally see it in stone (metaphorically speaking of course).
m
l
a b K Overclocking
October 19, 2011 9:58:55 PM

saint19 said:
Just for let you know guys, the HAF X (HAF 942) can fit a 360 radiator or 480 radiator at top of the case.

Damn. This might be my next case...

Quote:
Ok, I think I finally figured this out. When I get a radiator, it doesn't even have a fan (thought one was built in), and you just set it up behind one of your case fans(like the LED one on the front)?

Correct :D 

Quote:
And if I have that right, wouldn't 120mm x2 not fit in the 230mm fan spot?

Technically, but we're only talking about a few centimeters. There may be some cutting involved, but it'll help to get the case first and then do some measuring. IMHO getting a 2x120mm rad in there is worth a few cuts in the drive bays. I mean, who needs the bottoms of them anyways? ;) 
m
l
a c 324 K Overclocking
October 19, 2011 10:03:21 PM

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/2011-gaming-graphics-charts/compare,2673.html?prod%5B5071%5D=on&prod%5B5077%5D=on&prod%5B5070%5D=on&prod%5B5078%5D=on&prod%5B4921%5D=on&prod%5B4835%5D=on&prod%5B4829%5D=on&prod%5B4827%5D=on

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/2011-gaming-graphics-charts/benchmarks,123.html

You can select the cards you want to compare as well as the benchmarks and spit out some charts. Not trying to only plug Tom's, but I like their GPU charts (they've been pretty good for several years and have a lot of cards for comparison).

Quote:
Technically, but we're only talking about a few centimeters. There may be some cutting involved, but it'll help to get the case first and then do some measuring. IMHO getting a 2x120mm rad in there is worth a few cuts in the drive bays. I mean, who needs the bottoms of them anyways?

I like your style.
m
l
Anonymous
October 19, 2011 10:12:42 PM

Quote:
Quote :

Correct

^ This is that 'OMFG I FINALLY FIGURED OUT SOMETHING SO STUPID' moment that the usual dumb kids have when they do something in school XD!

Quote:
Technically, but we're only talking about a few centimeters. There may be some cutting involved, but it'll help to get the case first and then do some measuring.

Well I'm not so hot with the case cutting, but whatever, what has to be done will be done.

Quote:
IMHO getting a 2x120mm rad in there is worth a few cuts in the drive bays. I mean, who needs the bottoms of them anyways?

Nooooo..... I need those spots for all my 1TB HDD's!!!! ( I hope you've caught onto my sarcasm by now, if you haven't, I pretty much will only use about 70-80GB on my SDD and almost nothing on the 600GB HDD I'm taking out of my current computer and putting in my new one.)
m
l
a c 324 K Overclocking
October 19, 2011 10:20:46 PM

Check out Moto's signature...it pretty much hits the nail right on the head:

Quote:
Once you start watercooling, you are almost automatically inducted into the modding circles as well, because theres rarely a 'from the box, fits everyone' solution, its your ingenuity and resourcefulness that makes it all happen
m
l
Anonymous
October 19, 2011 10:25:29 PM

rubix_1011 said:
Check out Moto's signature...it pretty much hits the nail right on the head:

Quote:
Once you start watercooling, you are almost automatically inducted into the modding circles as well, because there's rarely a 'from the box, fits everyone' solution, its your ingenuity and resourcefulness that makes it all happen

That's perfectly said.
m
l
Anonymous
October 19, 2011 10:25:52 PM

Best answer selected by kllrfrk.
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
October 20, 2011 9:18:36 PM

Thanks for the quote Rubix :) 
I found this thread from the other one Op has made, and my brand of silliness is making itself known over there hehe :) 
Moto
m
l
a c 324 K Overclocking
October 20, 2011 9:41:15 PM

Hey, I thought it would make a great sig...it fits you very well and is a testament to the fact that once you decide to go the 'real' watercooling route, you'll find that more often than not, you'll have to do some kind of modding to get your plan to work. There are very few cases designed specifically for watercooling (outside of DangerDen, MountainMods, etc) so we take what we have and make it work.

If you are no longer afraid of having a couple liters of water zip around the inside of your case with the power turned on, you should have absolutely no fear in figuring out how to get all that goodness in there in the first place. :) 

(^That should be in the WC sticky)
m
l
!