Video cards: Dual GTX 285's Sli
Sound card: Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Processor: Intel Core i7 3.33
Hardrives: Two 500 GB Western Digital
Mother Board: Asus P6T Deluxe V2
Processor Cooler: V8 180W Cooler
Memory: Crosair DOMINATOR 3 x 2GB DDR3
Driver: Blu Ray Reader/Writer
Those are the main components. gimme a 1-10 score and how many Watts should my power suply be? Im planning to upgrade later on BTW . . . Gimme some feed back

Solution
Awesome! But there is no point in going i7 975. Overpriced and a 920 will be more than sufficient for your cards.
In fact, for a performance boost since you have about $600 more by switching to the 920, get two 5870s in crossfire. The performance will be much better than the GTX285s

Make those alterations and 10/10 gaming.

As for power supply, I think 700W should do fine. Make sure it's a good brand like Antec or OCZ.

And for future upgrades it would work nicely. Depending on when you upgrade, the core i9 will be on this socket, and you have one more pci-e slot for a third 5870 some day. If you plan to do that, an 800W or above power supply might be a good idea.
Spending a lot where you can spend less and get the same performance. A 920 and a 975 both OC to about the same level, but the 920 costs wayy less. The dominators are overpriced, there are cheaper ram with better timings available. The 500GB WD drives are slower than most 1TB drives, the WD Caviar Black 1TB would provide the same storage space and be faster. It would be impressive but way more expensive than it should be so it gets a 3.

A good 750 watt PSU should be all you need, just make sure you spend on a good case to keep it cool too.

kingcody187

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009

What Memory would u reccomend then?

Video cards: - see the vid card roundup on THG home page. Only viable nVidia cards at this point in time are the 260 and 295. If you're not going to be upgrading vid cards until after XMas 2011, I'd say:

a) get an ATI 5xxx (again see roundup)
b) wait and see what nVidia come sout with in next 30-60 days.

Sound card: See MoBo note below

Processor: Intel Core i7 920

Hardrives: That WD is a 250 GB per platter drive , get a 500 GB per platter drive like the Spinpoint F3

Mother Board: Asus P6T Deluxe V2 - consider the Ramapge II Extreme which comes with the SB XiFi "in da box"

Processor Cooler: Prolimatech Megahalems w/ IS Diamond 7 karat thermal paste

Memory: Pick a set of DDR1600 at lowest cAS timings you can fit in ya budget. Mushkin has the CAS 6 Redline 998692 w/ the excellent Ascent coolers. Gskilll has a set w/ same timings but don't think it will fit under many CPU HS coolers. They run about $200 US....CAS 7 about $160-180

Driver: Plextor 320AS

Case / PSU Combo: Assuming SLI / Xfire and OC'ing and noting that case selection involves some subjective judgments

1st Choice - Antec 1200 w/ SG850
2nd Choice (only because the Antec a bit quieter) - Corsair HX-750 or 850 in CM HAF 932
Best Buy - Antec 1200 w/ CP850 ( just a hair under the other two but for half the price.

Awesome! But there is no point in going i7 975. Overpriced and a 920 will be more than sufficient for your cards.
In fact, for a performance boost since you have about $600 more by switching to the 920, get two 5870s in crossfire. The performance will be much better than the GTX285s

Make those alterations and 10/10 gaming.

As for power supply, I think 700W should do fine. Make sure it's a good brand like Antec or OCZ.

And for future upgrades it would work nicely. Depending on when you upgrade, the core i9 will be on this socket, and you have one more pci-e slot for a third 5870 some day. If you plan to do that, an 800W or above power supply might be a good idea.

Solution

kingcody187

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009

okay pretend its not a waste of money what would u give it

kingcody187

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009

thank you last question if i add another 6 GBs of memory and upgrade to those cards i wont have to upgrade my power supply or get any different cooling? im planning on 6 fans in a full tower.

cheyco

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009

What do you mean "not a waste of money" I guess you can say that when your dad bought you everything and its your dads money your spending.

Lets be realistic here son. Your PC is gonna be nice. While I agree the 975 was overpriced I knew you wouldnt be satisfied until you had it and to be honest I didnt want you to be Processor Limited for any future upgrades of the video cards.
I agree with the HD suggestion but I got a great deal on these so that is why you got them.
The only issue I see is "IF" we decide to OC the CPU then maybe we will need more cooling. I think we will have plenty of cooling for the current config or if we decided to go to the 5870's.
Your memory is the 1600 DDR3 Corsair Dominator.

Gentlemen. I just want to make sure I get the right PSU. We have ordered the "COOLER MASTER CSX Limited Edition Warfare CX-830WRFR-01-GP Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case" With the above description of what we have I have narrowed my results to the following.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341027
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256043

Please give me your thoughts on these PSU's and please keep in mind that future upgrades will include atleast 3 video cards of either GTX285 or the 5870's.

Thanks,

Both should suffice including if you eventually upgrade to have 3 5870s. The OCZ is a better quality brand though, and brand quality is important with the PSU.

Also, even if you were to go with a 5850, it would outperform the GTX285. If you plan to keep this for a long time, the 5800 series is the only current graphics card line that supports Direct X 11.