Sign in with
Your question

How to increase internet speed with a video card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 8, 2009 7:49:12 PM

I found one for my old Compaq & it did well, I now have a Dell 2400 & put 1gig+256 memory in it, but there was no slot for that video card, so gave it away. Will it help to BIOS change the video amount, or would a new video card help, instead, like for NETFLIX downloads?
a b U Graphics card
September 8, 2009 8:36:54 PM

umm, your internet speed is determined from what the isp gives you, not from the graphics card (ie it has no bearing on the internet speed)
a b U Graphics card
September 8, 2009 10:09:20 PM

It won't help connection speed, but may help the video quality itself. I think my isp is providing me 5 mbps, and that is good enough for watching youtube videos and what not(3 full seasons of star trek all on youtube, lol).
Related resources
September 8, 2009 10:13:49 PM

internet speed has absolutely nothing to do with your video card, it doesn't matter if you dont have a video card at all...you will still have the same internet speed that your Internet service provider gives you.

September 8, 2009 11:09:21 PM

I think his issue is that video is stuttering on his pc because his cpu is too slow, and he's attributing it to internet. Because I could stream youtube high-quality and hulu high quality on 1mpbs with a decent computer.
!