Frizzo

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
is it safe to be using extreme overclock settings (with quality hardware), while maintaining the underclocking and undervolting settings? for that matter, the rest of the power saver options as well? i'm trying to become more energy conscious or something.

asus p8p67pro 3.1
gtx 560 asus
corsair tx750 v2
gskill eco 8gb 1.35v 1600

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
My advice learn how to OC manually, a lot of these OC programs use predefined settings to achieve an OC. With a manual OC that you do, you can try to achieve the speed you want with the minimal amount of voltage you need to use and maintain the setting you want. This is the best way for you to achieve your goal.

Since there are differences in each chip so the predefined settings they use a very loose to make sure sure people can use them, where as doing this manually will make sure you get the best results for YOUR hardware.

As for your settings, never used said program or looked at it. But in general when you OC you need to put in more voltage to make it stable, and undervolting it while maintaining an "extreme" OC whatever that may be probably won't work. Plus the whole underclocking and overclocking at the same time seems counterproductive and iimpossible if I understand that correctly which I probably didn't.

But whatever you do, make sure you stress test it. If it works it works, if not change things around till it does.

And if you haven't already done so get a good heatsink.

Frizzo

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
there is an eagerness of many on this web page to teach, that's nice, i appreciate that. one thing you guys are going to have to work on is your skills of discernment. why would you assume that i'm using auto overclocking ? i never state, nor infer this. you apparently do not understand what c3 nor c6 refers to, therefore your response is about as useful as a flat spoon.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
saw extreme overclock settings and assumed that was what a setting was called in some software and not a description. Seen a few too many auto overclock topics on multiple forums lately.

And don't diss flat spoons their freaking useful for stirring stuff.