Video card diagnostics

ncc74656

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
Hello, I have an ATI 9600/9700 128MB card, from a dell. its a 9700TX. It has some issues that i need to resolve, I need a program that can test the pipelines, ram, gpu, shaders, and stress it. I need this as there are horizontal lines on the screen that i know are not caused by heat. I just soldered some patches in place of some corroded pcb paths and need to figure out what else is wrong. I would prefer to use a boot disk rather thain windows something like linux or dos. Hirens 9.9 says it has video testing tools but they are not on the disk. can anyone supply some links. thanks

ncc74656

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
i was looking for a more advanced tool, i know its bad and all future mark will do is tell me if heat makes it worse. i need to test parts of it to see if its a problum with the GPU, the pipes, or the ram

ncc74656

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
PC check will do this test, it will test video memory and it can test for registers going bad. the best way to test the pipes is to ohm out the card, time consuming but its the only way i have found. I retraced 12 leads on the card and replaced a cap, i now have a functional card again.

Raizac

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013

when i had my ati check out by the ati tech they told me to download this http://unigine.com/products/heaven/download/
my card was realy under preforming with realy low fps 1 to 30 when it should of ben 40+ to 60+ for the benchmark hope this helps

ps they replaced the vid card cuz of the low fps