Your question

Computer crash

Last response: in Systems
August 18, 2009 10:29:48 PM

lose video

More about : computer crash

a b B Homebuilt system
August 18, 2009 10:37:07 PM

I presume that was a statement, but if you need help, then you should provide detailed system specs and a thorough description of your problem.
August 18, 2009 10:37:11 PM

mikey96816 said:
lose video

Wanted to say that I lose video signal and computer crashes afterwards.
This can happen on bootup but usually happens when I try to play my video game. The sound starts to trail off half minute later after losing video signal. Very frustrating.

I have a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R motherboard, 2 gig OCZ PC2 6400 RAM, Visiontek Radeon 3650 video card, and running Windows XP professional OS. Anyone have a clue what is happening here?
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
August 18, 2009 10:38:12 PM

mikey96816 said:
lose video

LOL

We need a lot more information than that. What exactly is the problem? Is this a new build, or a system that used to work? Have you been through this checklist?

READ before posting about boot problems!
a b B Homebuilt system
August 18, 2009 10:38:53 PM

What are the other components and in particular, the PSU?
August 18, 2009 10:58:45 PM

CPU is Intel 8400. PSU is Antec 500 watt. Computer originally worked ok since build a year ago. Then a few months ago I temporarily replaced the Stock CPU heat sink with an OCZ Heat sink. It was a mistake. Blood all over the place from intallation, and the push and twist retaining clips were inadequate to hold such a massive structure in place. The new heat sink ran hotter than the stock heatsink. So hot that the computer shut down due to excessive heat. Then I reinstalled the stock heat sink and it runs cool enough not to set off alarms anymore.

Lots of history here. you know, can't keep my hands off it ;-) Always tweaking it.
a b B Homebuilt system
August 18, 2009 11:20:04 PM

The checklist linked above is the first place to start. It was created to troubleshoot problems exactly like this.
August 19, 2011 3:28:38 AM

mikey96816 said:
lose video

dont know what ultraman games you're saying?
is your monitor not working?
!