Help can't stop P7P55D EVO random freezes

roboguy

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
P7P55D evo Freezing problems, is it possible that by adding a second video card and setting it to SLI could cause my random system freezing problems.
I have a pair of 1 gig video cards ,,
8 gig corsair ddr3 ram ,,,
quad core i7 860 cpu,,,
750 watt power supply with aftermarket cooler,,,
coolermaster 932 haf tower with major cooling fans
windows 7 64 bit
ive been chasing this hard freeze problem on this new build, I have to power down to clear it, mouse freeze.

roboguy

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
Hi I have a P7P55D EVO board brand new and I also have ram problems. I have the i7 860 2.8mhz cpu and 8 gig of corsair 1333mhz ram. My computer freezes for no aparent reason. This is random but is getting worse. I pulled out all the ram and am running with 2 gig for now till i figure this out. I still get freezes but not as many.Is a mother board thing or a ram thing? I am about to order some patriot ram and try it.

Any suggestions...

roboguy

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
Hi I have a P7P55D EVO board brand new and I also have ram problems. I have the i7 860 2.8mhz cpu and 8 gig of corsair 1333mhz ram.2 Nvidia 1gig video cards bridged to SLI.
My computer freezes for no aparent reason. This is random but is getting worse. I pulled out all the ram and am running with 2 gig for now till i figure this out. I still get freezes but not as many.Is a mother board thing or a ram thing? I am about to order some patriot ram and try it.

Any suggestions...

iscy

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
I've been getting the same problem with a P7P55D-EVO. From what I could read online, I've tried to do this two things:
1. Update the BIOS to the latest revisions
2. Set the correct dram voltage

The problem with #2 is the P7P55D setting the default voltage to 1.5V when using the '[Auto]' setting. My RAM is 2x Corsair XMS3 which has a spec of 1.65V. So using the default setting of the motherboard doesn't produce stable result, hence could easily result in the computer freezing.

The step #1 is pretty obvious... when you read the changlog of Asus about the latest BIOS update for this motherboard, you'll notice two of them being release to "improve system stability".

TRENDING THREADS