bennanias

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
My first time posting, although I have searched these forums before and have found great information. This is a great forum community.

I am stumped on this one though. I have just finished my third computer build. Everything went very well in the assembly process. But during boot up, the hard drive is not detected. The kicker though is that it shows up in the bios, and will eventually load and run windows.

After boot up starts over a few times, windows repair started up, windows started the install on the hdd, created the partition, and from there everything went great. I restart, and again after failing to boot a few times since the drive is not detected, i get to a log in screen, and everything appears to check out fine. Then I will randomly get a BSOD within a few minutes.

I have put the drive in another computer, it was fine. Found the drive and everything in boot up, bios, and as a new drive.
Changed sata and power cables, issue remained.
I am currently formatting the drive fat32.
I have not tried a different harddrive in the build computer yet.

Bottom line: Doesnt show up on boot, does in bios and will even eventually run windows until it BSOD.

The build itself
MSI 880GMA-E53 motherboard
EVGA 9500GT graphics
antec 550W PSU
AMD x4@ 3.2 CPU
G skill 4G @ 12800 Mem
Seagate barracuda 1TB 7200rpm: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148697

any suggestions or even critiques are welcome.

bennanias

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
Memory_Management

Stop: 0x0000001A (0x00003451, 0xC0434488, 0x90073128, 0x00000000)

my second guess is the mobo.

fat 32 didnt help, just picked up a caviar black and going to see if that recognizes, if not, back to new egg with the both of them.

bennanias

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
I RMA'd the board, i tried individual sticks and the voltages for the drives. Auto was fine in the bios for what they needed. Oh well, i have a gigabyte one now, dropped it in, and everything simply worked, no fuss at all. Loaded windows just fine and recognized the drives. No issues anywhere. Not going to buy another MSI mobo...