Will Noctua DH-14 fit in my case?

I have a CM 430 Elite case. Will the Noctua DH-14 fit in my case? I think it might cause problems with the RAM slots, but that's not a major problem since I can shift them to the opposite slots.

Anyway if it won't fit then what are the alternative options to the cooling or case?
8 answers Last reply
More about will noctua case
  1. Just out of curiousity why do you feel the need to put a $80 cooler in a -$40 case.?.
    Yeah it won't fit.
    System specs please.
  2. Just out of curiosity, do you even know that case doesn't matter that much but aftermarket cooler does while overclocking a cpu? I read somewhere that it fits

Anyway

i5 2500k
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8 GB CL8
    WD Black 1 TB
    Asus P8P67 PRO
    EVGA GTX 460
    Corsair CX 500
    CM Elite 430

Which case should I upgrade to? And is there any better aftermarket cooler in this price range?
  3. Dereck222 said:
    Just out of curiosity, do you even know that case doesn't matter that much but aftermarket cooler does while overclocking a cpu? I read somewhere that it fits

Anyway

i5 2500k
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8 GB CL8 @ 1600 Mhz
    WD Black 1 TB
    Asus P8P67 PRO
    EVGA GTX 460
    Corsair CX 500
    CM Elite 430

Well since i own a 430 yes i know that case.
    The space between the cpu socket and the top panel isn't exactly spacious.
    I think you would have issues with a D14.
    7.5" would also make for a tight fit since the D14 fans stick out even further from the cooler top.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with a 430 case.
    It will fit plenty of good coolers mine has a 212+ in it.
  4. Other cooler is Hyper 212+ and will fit
  5. And which case should I upgrade to if I want good airflow and the DH-14 to fit? Is Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 good?
  6. I have COOLER master Haf 922
  7. I had that cooler in my cm elite 334 although it fitted it did touch the side panel.
  8. That cooler don't fit and the Hyper 212+ will fit but a little adjusted.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cases Elite Overclocking