Suggested 775 agp motherboard

G

Hello,
I have been trying to build up a computer to be able to play games at a decent quality and need some help,

I currently have a
Radeon Sapphire HD 3850, 1 gb DDR 400 ram, and a Slot A motherboard (not sure what model). I have a Pentium D 830 I want to use and wanted to know what would be a cheap, reliable, 775 AGP moherboard. I've seen a few but can't find them for sale anywhere any help would be nice, thank you.

justaguywithagun

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
any money spent on parts that old will essentially be a waste, not to mention itll be difficult to find a mobo that supports ddr1, agp, and S775 with support for a p4 cpu. theres only 1 mobo that springs to mind, and its an asrock part i saw a couple years ago.

my genuine suggestion would be to save up some more money and do it right. youll benefit way more in the long run

zzrich

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010

Wow, I didnt know such a beast existed. Well if your real broke, and all you existing components will be compatible with the asrock board, then why not. But if you have to start buying new components to make it work, then its not worth it. It all depends what you need to get out of your system. If your not a power user, then go the cheapest route you can. Heck, a p3 1000mhz will work for web browsing and email just fine. (and some ancient games) How do I Know ? I have one and just about everthing inbetween to what I have now in my sig.