Sign in with
Your question

Dell XPS 600 diagnostic lights 123

Last response: in Components
November 12, 2009 2:56:56 PM

Hello and thanks,

I have never posted here before but I'm rather stuck at the moment. I have a Dell XPS 600 and let me add I've already had to replace the power supply and mobo before buying the parts through Dell. At any rate, there's the issue. I did a windows update which was the regular ones nothing extra and of course the system said it needed to be restarted. I clicked the button to restart the machine and once be began to boot up nothing was on the screen....just black.

When starting the computer, I hear two short beeps and now the diagnostic lights of 123 are lit up. Before it wasn't doing this but I removed the graphics card and used a back up to check, then replaced the regular graphics card. I've reseated the memory as well as added one at a time to check this, I've checked all connector's from the HD, DVD/cdrom drives, and all the other connections. All fans are working fine.

When I boot up, the computer goes through the check, I hear two short beeps, then the diagnostic lights of 123, and the power button is steady green and the HD button is green showing some activity. Can someone possibly tell me what else I might look for or do? Thank you kindly in advance. Ms Fretwell
November 12, 2009 3:39:38 PM

Thank you but I've tried all of that and also downloaded that manual. I was hoping for some other troubleshooting. :) 
!