Arctic Cooling Accelero XTREME 4870X2 VGA Cooler

VodKa420

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
does anyone know if i can use a NZXT Sentry-2 5.25" Touch Screen fan controller to control the fan speed of a Arctic Cooling

Accelero XTREME 4870X2 VGA Cooler for a HD 4870 X2. basically does the controller have the same fan connector? or could

anyone recommend a temperature monitor/fan controller that would work. combination of the two or seperate units

Solution
G

I would wait a couple days and get the newer ATI cards as they will be faster then the 4870 X2 and cost the same if not less.
G

The Accelero XTREME 4870X2 comes with a three pin fan plug that would allow you to control it off one of the M/B headers are a fan controller. :)

VodKa420

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
i hear ya on that but im already going to have some kind of external temperature

display with high temp alarm. i learned with my 1950 xtx that having that is very

helpful. i usually use ati tools to control fan speed but it has malfunctioned on me

plenty and so would like to use something like the NZXT Sentry-2 to monitor and

control the card. the accelero uses PWM fans. does that matter if i were to use

the sentry for the fan control and can i even use it at all with that 3 pin accelero?

are you sure it has a 3 pin connector? the stock fan on the 4870 is a 4 pin

G

I have two of these units and they have all came with three pin adapters.

G

Post this in new system builds. I would say there are better options open to you. Go to new system builds they will help you setup the best system for your money. :D

G

I would wait a couple days and get the newer ATI cards as they will be faster then the 4870 X2 and cost the same if not less.

Solution