Status
Not open for further replies.

dan710

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
Hello, I've been experiencing a really loud buzzing noise during gaming sessions. It seems completely random and I usually just pull up on the case handles and the noise will stop or taking the side panel off seems to help sometimes as well. All of the screws are in and snug. I've owned the case and cooler for a year and a half now and this is a recent development.

My specs are:

965 BE @ 3.4GHZ
Asetek 570LX
Storm Sniper case

Any ideas?

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
Most likely a cable catching against a fan or something similar. Check all of the case fans and CPU fan is properly attached. As said above there's a good chance this could be caused by increased vibration when the fans speed up (during gaming).

dan710

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
Turns out there was a screw loose and I was wrong. It was sticking about half way out. It was the screw that connected the fan to the radiator and where I couldn't see it until I unscrewed the fans and radiator from the case. I've tightened it up as best as I could (I couldn't fit the correct size screwdriver in the fan hole so I had to use a smaller screwdriver). So far so good while playing BFBC 2 and running Prime95.

I'll report back if the buzzing starts again and I'll look into the cables. The screw I tightened was right near the fan cables and looked like it could have hit it the cables so that may have been the issue.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.