Sign in with
Your question

MSI AFTERBURNER burning

Last response: in Overclocking
October 19, 2011 10:58:35 PM

Hi forum, i have some questions about MSI Afterburner and overclocking.

Currently have my Gigabyte 6870 overclocked at 965/1050 using Catalyst Control Center (CCC).
I came across some threads where other individuals had obtained a higher stable clock using MSI Afterburner over CCC.

(1) Is this true? If so, then i plan to to use MSI Afterburner to obtain a higher GPU clock.
(2) My MSI Afterburner GPU Core Clock is capped at 1000hz, but I was under the impression you could exceed 1000hz?

Thanks.
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
October 20, 2011 2:31:31 AM

as far as i know, MSI Afterburner is for a specific brand of BIOS, correct me if im wrong

erm, as far as it goes, if your looking for a good limitless overclock for ati/amd, ati tools is probaly the best freeware on the market
m
l
October 20, 2011 3:44:47 PM

You can do it with MSI afterburner. Get your googlefu on.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
October 21, 2011 2:21:31 PM

Quote:
as far as i know, MSI Afterburner is for a specific brand of BIOS, correct me if im wrong

This is not correct. Afterburner works with a huge variety of cards.

Quote:
My MSI Afterburner GPU Core Clock is capped at 1000hz, but I was under the impression you could exceed 1000hz

Afterburner automatically sets a "safe" upper bound so that you don't ruin your card by accident. You have to enable "unofficial overclocking" to allow for higher clocks that 1000Mhz

This is how:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=338906
m
l
!