Sign in with
Your question

GPU unstable?

Last response: in Overclocking
October 20, 2011 12:02:02 AM

I just recently bought an EVGA GTX 560 superclocked so overclocked right form the factory. Nothing else on my system is overclocked at all so this is the only potentially unstable component due to overclocking. I get this random freeze every here and there and have to hard restart to unlock. It doesnt happen very often but it for some reason only happens when im on google. Idk what else it could be other than the overclock since my gtx 260 i just upgraded from didnt have these problems. thoughs?

More about : gpu unstable

a b U Graphics card
a c 241 K Overclocking
October 20, 2011 5:23:34 AM

Sure your PSU enough?
how abaout temp , also voltage gpu, and raise fan at 70%. Try oc first at 5%, if stable and cool raise again
m
l
October 20, 2011 9:50:57 AM

This happened to me with an MSI 560ti. It only happened very occasonaly using a web browser on google or BBC iplayer.

If you are using Mozilla Firefox, go into Mozilla's options and disable hardware acceleration and it fixed it for me.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a c 286 K Overclocking
October 20, 2011 3:11:17 PM

Hi and welcome to Tom's forum.

You GPU comes pre-overclocked from manufacturer, so, should be 100% stable, in that way, the problem can be temps or PSU.
m
l
October 21, 2011 7:07:43 PM

henydiah said:
Sure your PSU enough?
how abaout temp , also voltage gpu, and raise fan at 70%. Try oc first at 5%, if stable and cool raise again

yeah im on 750 watts im sure thats plenty, and temps are fine doesnt happen when its been running hot but ill do that one thing with firefox cuz that is what i use

m
l
a b U Graphics card
a c 241 K Overclocking
October 22, 2011 8:23:06 AM

Other disabled hardware feature like mc-conor update latest flash payer
m
l
March 24, 2012 9:47:05 PM

i had the same problem with my gtx 460 ,i tried everything but nothing worked so i sent it back and it came back to me perfect
m
l
!