Disbabled onboard graphics and now I have no picture

megafreak

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Hi,
I just got a ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO and after previous problems I somehow managed to install a pcie graphics card, it worked fine until today; when I turned the computer on nothing was displayed on the screen but I could hear the windows chime on my headphones, so I switched to the built in HDMI port and it displays POST and I can get into BIOS just fine but the computer stops displaying just before the win7 password screen.

I read somewhere that I should disable the onboard graphics in the BIOS, so I did, and now I get the 8 bleeps, have no picture and no way to enable the onboard graphics and I can't install a new PCIe gparhics card either. (I thought it would go into low res mode and allow me to install the graphics card like my other PC)

Is there any way for me to reset the BIOS so the the onboard GPU is enabled again? And can anyone explain the previous problem?

This my first build too. :(

Yes, read the section of your motherboard manual to CLR_CMOS; it usually involves disconnecting the power cord and moving a jumper from pins 1 and 2 to pins 2 and 3 for about a minute, then replacing the jumper to pins 1 and 2, connecting the power cord, and powering-on the computer.

After you reset CMOS, boot into Win7 on the integrated graphics. Uninstall the catalyst software suite (from control panel), re-boot using the 5770 connection to monitor to see if Win7 shows up on the 5770 card. If so, the problem was likely a driver problem or caused by a recent Win7 update. Then you can try re-installing the latest ATI catalyst software for your card and OS to see it that works.