1 TV and 1 Monitor on 1 video card

jkopx

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
I have an older Dell Optiplex PC with Windows XP, and a Radeon All In Wonder graphics card (7200 series). It has a single DVI output, which I am switching to either an HP monitor with 1920x1080 resolution or to a Panasonic 720P HDTV. The problem is that every time I make a switch I have to manually reset the resolution to match the display. Is there any way to have this done automatically by the PC? In other words have the PC change the resolution automatically when it recognizes that it is now connected to a different display?

Thank you,

Wolfshadw

Titan
If your Panasonic 720P has an S-Video input, you should be able to use that.

Note that I did not find an All-In-Wonder 7200; only the 7500 on ATI's web site. It shows both a DVI port and two S-Video ports (In and Out).

Set up the monitors for Extended Mode and enable Theater Mode (full screen on the secondary monitor) for playing videos.

-Wolf sends

jkopx

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Thank you for your prompt reply. I also could only find the All-In-Wonder 7500 on the ATI web site and not the 7200 that I have. On my All-In-Wonder Board, the Video In and Out ports look like S-video, but in fact are not. The V-out port is a circular 10 pin female receptacle, (3 pins on top, 4 pins in the middle, and 3 pins at the bottom) whereas the V-in port is a 8 pin circular female receptacle (2 pins on top, and 3 each in the middle and bottom). I am not sure exactly what these are, and what adapter I would need to convert the output to an S-video output that my HDTV has? That is why I tried to do everything through the available DVI connector, but as stated in the original post, ran into a resolution problem which required manually setting of resolution for each display.

Thank you,

Wolfshadw

Titan
Sorry about that. I forgot about ATI's Video In/Out domino blocks (or whatever they call them). If you purchased the card, new, it should have come with what looks like a couple of large dominoes with cables attached (see the sixth picture down). It's these dominoes that connect directly to your All-In-Wonder card and provide either S-Video or Composite out.

Sorry for the confusion.

-Wolf sends