dkcihu

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
I Have A Couple Of Sticks Of Crucial 1gb, DDR, 266 Ram That I Used To Test A mobo Before Selling. After i Was Done, I noticed That one of the "pins" on one of the RAM sticks Seemed To be Missing. cpu-z And The Standard Windows System Properties both read as 2gb, wich was what was in the pc at the time. I've looked all over the mobo and couldnt find the small gold "flake" or whatever it is. i've uploaded a pic to my website.

http://davecook.webng.com/rampic.html

I'm New TO The Forum, So Please, Be Gentle.

daft

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2008
welcome to the forums dkcihu. that "missing" pin was never there, you can tell because you can't see any wires in the PCB going to it.... and it could just be me, but it looks like its the cutout in the PCB to make sure its put it correctly

dkcihu

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010

Thanks For The Quick Reply. I Have Another Stick, That Is Identical To It, And It Has A pin in the same spot. It's Not The cutout. I'm Not Sure What To Make Of This. I Can Upload A Pic Of Both, If It Would Help. Thnx Again.

dkcihu

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010

It Does Work. It's Just Kind of Weird, That 2 Identical Sticks Would Be Made Differently. Well, Thanks Again For Your Help.