Solved

Revised ecs gf8200

Hello,
have they updated ths ecs gf8200a yet to accept a 125 watt amd processor. cant find info anywhere about it.i orderd a barebones kit with a amd 965 hope it works when i get it.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about revised gf8200
  1. Best answer
    cold1234 said:
    Hello,
    have they updated ths ecs gf8200a yet to accept a 125 watt amd processor. cant find info anywhere about it.i orderd a barebones kit with a amd 965 hope it works when i get it.


    I don't know about the GF8200A but the A780GM-A CPU support list has been revised to include the 965BE, 955BE and 940BE (all 125W CPUs). I'd check with the GF8200A CPU support list on the ECS web site.
  2. Best answer selected by r_manic.
  3. RichieLA said:
    I don't know about the GF8200A but the A780GM-A CPU support list has been revised to include the 965BE, 955BE and 940BE (all 125W CPUs). I'd check with the GF8200A CPU support list on the ECS web site.

    I TRIED THAT BEFORE POSTING THIS, I CALLED THE CO. I PURCHASED THE BAREBONE COMP. FROM TO TALK ABOUT THIS MOBO COMBO THEY OFFER, THATS WHO SAYS THEY REVISED IT, BUT HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO FIND ANYTHING ON THE UPGRADE, I TOLD THEM I SURE HOPE YOUR NOT SENDING ME A COMPUTER THATS NOT GOING TO WORK, GUESS I WILL FIND OUT WHEN I GET IT ! :pt1cable: THANX FOR THE RESPONSE, SURE GETTING TIRED OF THIS LONG ALASKAN WEATHER HERE IN FAIRBANKS. :pt1cable:
  4. cold1234 said:
    I TRIED THAT BEFORE POSTING THIS, I CALLED THE CO. I PURCHASED THE BAREBONE COMP. FROM TO TALK ABOUT THIS MOBO COMBO THEY OFFER, THATS WHO SAYS THEY REVISED IT, BUT HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO FIND ANYTHING ON THE UPGRADE, I TOLD THEM I SURE HOPE YOUR NOT SENDING ME A COMPUTER THATS NOT GOING TO WORK, GUESS I WILL FIND OUT WHEN I GET IT ! :pt1cable: THANX FOR THE RESPONSE, SURE GETTING TIRED OF THIS LONG ALASKAN WEATHER HERE IN FAIRBANKS. :pt1cable:


    I understand your dilemma but I would have placed a call/sent email to ECS (as they are the motherboard's manufacturer) to find out if the board worked with CPUs over 95W. As ECS have not posted/updated the GF8200A's CPU list explicitly stating so, I would assume that CPUs over 95W are not supported. One clue if they had revised the CPU limits would have been the fairly recent BIOS update for the GF8200A - 1/25/10 to be exact. Sadly, there was no CPU revision update with the new BIOS.

    See if you can return/exchange the combo for the A780GM-A or another board that does support CPUs over 95W. As for the retailer's claim that the GF8200A supports higher wattage CPUs, they are all about sales. Do a Google search for GF8200A CPU support and go from there. Who knows, the CPU could possibly work but I wouldn't hold my breath.

    Good Luck and stay warm! :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Elitegroup ECS AMD Processors Motherboards