HARD DRIVE: WD CAVIAR BLACK 1TB

OPTICAL: ASUS 24X

MONITOR: ASUS 21.5 INCH

XPVLr.png

yt4fI.png

mc_conor

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
I think your Offset manual voltage is too high. What is your VCORE under Prime95? Also your RAM should be set manually to 1.5V if your memory can support it, 1.65V is not recommended.

I also see you don't have options for Phase Control, VRM or Duty control? I have a p8p67 pro and have these options but i'm not sure if your motherboard supports it.

I would disable PLL overvolt to stop spikes in VCORE, put LLC on extreme and reduce your offset to + 0.03 instead of 0.1v. I use these settings at 4.5GHz and get typical load values between 1.28 and 1.32v. Maybe your motherboard doesn't support Phase Control or Duty control or u need to hit a switch manually on the motherboard to enable it.

Although if your don't have Phase control, VRM or duty control you might need to increase your offset voltage a good bit for stability, but i dont think it needs to be as high as 0.1V

Compare your VCORE under load with your settings to mine and see how they compare to your own settings.

I think with your settings under load and PLL overvolt on Auto you might get quite large spikes in VCORE that are not necessary.

How high does your VCORE get under load of prime95 or similar with your current settings?

mc_conor

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
Have you arrived at the 0.1V offset voltage by testing and working your way up until stable or did you just select it?

Using my system as the basis for my assumptions, i think that your VCORE could be exceeding 1.4V briefly on occasion under load.

If your do not have Phase Control, VRM or duty control options available or enabled this may not be the case but with that offset voltage it definately looks like it could exceed 1.4V, at least 1.365 which is not necessary.

Most OCs at 4.5GHz need 1.28 to 1.35. And if your using 4.4GHz you should be able to get within the bottom part or lower of this range.

Definately try and undervolt your RAM if possible, to 1.5 or 1.55, whichever is lower and stable, but try and sort out your CPU VCORE first to focus on one variable at a time as I think 1.59 is the maximum safe specs by intel.

cyrusthegreat

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2011

well i stress tested for 2 hours and it was stable. no errors. i dont have Phase Control, VRM or duty control options available because this is a lower end board (LX)

but anyway for voltages, i started low and kept going up. HERE IS WHAT I HAVE FOR CPU Z WHEN STRESS TESTED

Temps are at 66c max for cpu

im going to change my ram volts to 1.5 also!

WlKIP.png

btw: thats is the highest core voltage that it will go

joshybo7

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
I am using a 2600k @ 4.5 GHz and i do not see voltages that high, ~1.31 is the highest i usually see, i am thinking you should be able to get 4.4 at 1.3 or below which wil cause less heat ultimately.

mc_conor

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
Well if you don't have Phase,VRM or Duty then it won't affect your Offset voltages. If you can get away with having LLC off completely i.e. 0% then there wont be big voltage spikes. I think LLC is disabled on auto anyway until you get to 4.5GHz anyway so you should be fine.

I was worried with your setup because if you had the same VRM duty and phase settings as me hidden somewhere, it would have shot the voltage up way past 1.4v; but that's not the case.

Your load voltage is safe and acceptable, but i you might be able to reduce your offset slightly @4.4GHz if you wish to spend more time on it.

But apart from the RAM voltages it's fine.

mc_conor

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
The VCORE is a bit high as joshybo says for 4.4GHz. I need that for 4.5GHz stable but my chip is average. Some need just 1.28 or so. You should be able to knock a hundredth or 2 volts off at least through reducing your offset accordingly.

It's not unsafe, just possibly slightly unnecessary extra VCORE that you may as well try and strip down to decrease thermal and increase CPU life if you want to put more time stress testing and trial and error etc.

Also i found that with Prime95, stable for 10 hours but when i ran Intel burn test on the third run i got BSOD. I think it's best to use a variety to test. At least 5 hours prime95 small fft, couple hours large fft and blend and 20 -30 runs IBT and it should be good. Although the higher voltages you have it should be stable anyway, it's only when you're at the fringes.