2600K & Z68XP-UD3 Help

Okcookienc

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
I've been reading the guides and watching videos on how to overclock the 2600k CPU, but they all seem to be written as general guides and I'm looking for a precise, step-by-step solution.

My goal is simple: overclock my 2600k from 3.4Ghz to 4.5Ghz. I have a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 board. Can someone please tell me specifically what I need to do?

I know I need to increase the multiplier to 45, but what about VCore? Are there other settings I need to change?

Please help. I'm sure this is easy for many of you, but I'm new to overclocking.

nna2

Distinguished
increase the multiplier to 45, and raise the VCore up until its stable, i would suggest using intel burn test every time, if it blue screens then turn up the vcore

edit, if it dosent blue screen, turn it down until it does, and use the setting before it does so you dont waste power

cbrunnem

Distinguished
well if you are asking this then you didnt read the overclocking guides on this site. they walk you right through it.

long story short turn off all the power saving stuff if you dont want it to throttle under load even when the temps are fine.

then bump the multi up to 45 and change the vcore to 1.315. it should boot at that voltage or lower. if it doesnt then bump up to 1.320. once it boots run prime95 blend for an hour. if it passes and temps stay below 60* 70*max then your good.

what cpu heatsink do you have. he hyper 212+ in your sig??

Okcookienc

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011

Yeah I have the hyper 212+ on this system.