scm23

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail/Aug-0-2009/TruePower20/index-landing.html?nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL082009&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL082009-_-email-_-E0-_-PromoWord&cm_lm=scm23@yahoo.com

I'm new to the boards and have been advised that this is the place to go for build questions. Well, this morning I got this notice from Newegg and the deal is very similar to what I was going to build. I was going to use the Antec case and power supply and the Triple CPU. What do you guys think of the shell shocker? Worth it? Or are there suspect components?

Thanks in advance

scm

Rosewill is not a quality PSU manufacturer. The fact that it has a Rosewill PSU would make me turn and run. The EcoGreen hard drive only runs at 5400 RPM and will slow down your system. You can build a higher quality system by yourself.

If you post your budget, what you will use the computer for, and what's included in the budget we can come up with an optimized build for you using all high quality components. Just use the template in the "How to ask for new build advice" sticky at the top of the forum.

scm23

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the info. I'll try and get my proposed build up here today.

While the rosewill RX-750 actually did pretty good at jonnyguru, you can get a better deal by putting together other parts, its a fairly expensive case and optical drive, and if you scroll down a bit in that email you will see that you can get a corsair 750TX for the same price as the rosewill after MIR, and i would trust the corsair a hell of alot more than the rosewill.