External IOMEGA CDROM Problem

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
May 11, 2004 6:52:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.computer.hardware,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

My external CDROM ejects the CD every time the computer tries to recognize
the CD thats in it and states "Please insert a disk in drive E" I've
swapped USB cables and tried it on another computer with no luck, any way to
fix it or is it time to stick a fork in it?
TIA,
David
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 30, 2004 8:37:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.computer.hardware,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

This sounds like a open CD tray command is being sent to the drive when it
is being detected. Try using updated drivers from
http://www.iomega.com/software/index.html

Also try updating your mainboard chipset drivers
Intel http://www.intel.com/
Nforce http://www.nvidia.com/
VIA http://www.viaarena.com/
SIS http://download.sis.com/

And just maybe something might be on
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

If it continues, you might have a faulty drive, return if warranty still
exists.
-Raptor Red

!