Problem with Gigabyte Nvidia 9800 GT 512MB

varzel

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
hello.
I got problems with my Gigabyte Nvidia 9800GT 512MB. When i use maximal graphics in games( Sims3, Lineage2, etc) it work's fine like 20 minutes and than the screen gets all messy ( like digital coded TV channels) and the system reboots.
Reinstalled graphic drivers from original disk, reinstalled drivers that i downloaded from nvidia, sent it to service ( seller) and they sent me another Card , but it has the same problem.

Please , need a hint.

Am runing XP SP3, e8400 processor, 8GB DDR2 ( well max 4 in XP).
T.Y.

varzel

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009

o yes and a DX 10 for XP.

varzel

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
checked out my power suply it says "Spire" 600w but mada up some math and multiplyed the current with the voltage of each power outlet( 12v, 5v, 3v) and the final result was 420w :( so they r a bit lying about the performance so let's say i got a "true" 420w power suply.... ( doubt that's true thow, u can never now what they lie on them stickers)

varzel

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
overheating... well i played same games with a lower need of grafics ( the detail were not set at max but a bit lower) and played without a problem for like 8 hours , checked the video card with my palm and it wasn't hot ( the memory chips were ok the cooler was ok , some watage resistors were a bit hot but i guess that's the way they have to be since they r positioned near the power socket.... i supose there is allot of current going throu them so they shood be hot......
- Nothing hot in paricular ( after 8 hours of playing with medium video performance )

FallenSniper

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2007
Might as well download and run Core Temp to see what it says.

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

I like GPU-Z a lot as well so should download and run that too.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/SysInfo/GPU-Z/

See what those say for temps.