Where can I buy the Omni ALC for the GTX 580? [FOUND]

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
October 22, 2011 9:31:07 AM

I am having an incredibly hard time trying to find Cool-IT System's Omni ALC for the GTX 580 Reference design. It is an all-in-on GPU cooling loop and has me very interested. I am not building a full Liquid System mainly due to budget restraints.

Any Help at All would be Greatly Appreciated!

http://www.coolitsystems.com/index.php/products/gpu-coo...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzQZ7SLnHoo

Here is the only Amazon listing I could find, it is for the GTX 470. The 3rd party selling it puts Zotac b4 the name of the unit in the description.
http://www.amazon.com/CoolIt-ZT-OMNI-Omni-Liquid-Cooler...
a c 78 K Overclocking
October 22, 2011 11:06:57 AM

1| you'll be VERY disappointed by the cooling of those LCS cos they aren't meant to be going that far. its only the bling factor and for people who don't know/or want to know about watercooling their parts.
2| newegg don't have em and amazon would usually charge higher for something thats cheap on newegg or most sites.
3| invest some time and a lil more money as you'll be able to cool your cou and gpu with an amazing amount of OC headroom. with a single 360rad

speaking of which how much dya want to shell out on that omni?
0
October 22, 2011 11:16:31 AM

Lutfij said:
1| you'll be VERY disappointed by the cooling of those LCS cos they aren't meant to be going that far. its only the bling factor and for people who don't know/or want to know about watercooling their parts.

Hmm, I have seen temperature comparisons and they look ok. Really I don't have the money right now to build a Full liquid cooling system, so if it is better than Stock cooling it would be worth it to me. If it really is that bad it's a shame. I saw that Corsair recently bought Cool IT and they locked Cool IT's Forums.

Really my Budget is around $2,000-$2,500. Time I have, but I have to work within the constraints of that budget, without sacrificing core hardware like the mobo, CPU, RAM, SSD Boot Drive, ect. The GTX 570 is a great card, and I can run 3-way SLI even at X16,X16,8X.

In short I won't budge on that hardware, I need a system I can kepp upgrading. Something to note is that I am a Video Editor and parts like the Ram may seem overkill for gaming but will drastically improve my render times among others.

Current build is as follows:

Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
Corsair H100 92.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z EATX LGA1155 Motherboard
G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 60GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 570 1.25GB Video Card
Corsair Obsidian Series 800D ATX Full Tower Case
Corsair 1200W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64-bit)
Total: $2111.76

I have speced out Liquid systems quite a bit and it is always $450-$500 for the parts without any type of GPU Block.
0
a c 78 K Overclocking
October 22, 2011 11:28:57 AM

for that system you could either go custom and spend $300~400+ on that for WC or maybe just pick up a cheap kit...but after you've gotten your feet wet with that kit, you'd want to push that thermal envelope and add more rad surface to that system. Just saying... :)  but i can inform some pro's if you're really interested in getting a "true" WC loop up and running.

hmmm i didn;t know that corsair got coolit under their armpits :lol:

i did mod a H50 though - from this experience i just tell people to not follow my steps and go proper with the term WC :D

Quote:
I am a Video Editor
i do renders and yeah i know how crucial ram is on these fields...
0
October 22, 2011 11:43:47 AM

I just don't have the money to hire some one or buy from a boutique builder like origin. My though process was that if the system was $100-$200 and it improved temps more than marginally it would be the best choice.

The Pros you know, if they can build a sub-$400 Full LC loop that would be pretty awesome.
0
a c 78 K Overclocking
October 22, 2011 12:05:19 PM

yeah the lowest you can go is an XSPC Rasa 750 RX360 kit that should keep you happy with one GPU block - mind you Only ONE GPU block, that pump aint good enough for a sli GPU setup.

two shots;
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14183/ex-wat-182/XSPC...

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11705/ex-wat-158/Swif... - the pump on this is considerably stronger so you can add more rad area or more blocks to your loop, in case you want to add the sli cards to the loop.

but if you ARE interested in a WC setup, I'll just inform some pro's on to this thread and maybe have it moving :)

* if you're going WC route, and an EVGA you could pick up a WC edition card from them so you don't void any warranty claims while placing a GPU WC block on the card.
0
October 22, 2011 12:09:45 PM

Lutfij said:
if you're going WC route, and an EVGA you could pick up a WC edition card from them so you don't void any warranty claims while placing a GPU WC block on the card.

I was sticking with EVGA to begin with, and they have a modder friendly warranty on most of the 500 series. It really i8s just 2 expensive for that Full LC Loop, without sacrificing core hardware, making the better performance redundant.

I was looking for the 580 Model of the cooler mainly because the Screws and design is exactly the same as the 570, just with fewer CUDA Cores and slightly less VRAM.
0
October 22, 2011 12:28:38 PM

Your forgetting the Pump, Res, Coolant, Compression fittings, CPU Block, ect. XP

EDIT, I see it is a Kit. Just not going for it. Barbs and Clamps make me feel sick and they look cheap.
0
a c 78 K Overclocking
October 22, 2011 12:32:55 PM

then you'll be pushing the price to about 400+ like i was looking at ;

*FYI you can swap out the barbs and fittings and get compression fittings would look better in terms of aesthetics.
0
a c 78 K Overclocking
October 22, 2011 12:36:43 PM

* sorry for double posting.
But yeah - it's killing your wallet by now, I'd say go with the LCS for your cpu alone. invest in cheap aftermarket coolers for your GPU. there's really no point in getting a LCS with the GPU.

since you're interested;
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

but compared to a real WC loop ...even a cheap setup will kick these LCS's butts on any given day with a good near high OC. Furthermore you also need to take into account of the available fan mounting options you have in your case.
0
October 22, 2011 12:46:17 PM

Lutfij said:
* sorry for double posting.
But yeah - it's killing your wallet by now, I'd say go with the LCS for your cpu alone. invest in cheap aftermarket coolers for your GPU. there's really no point in getting a LCS with the GPU.

since you're interested;
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

but compared to a real WC loop ...even a cheap setup will kick these LCS's butts on any given day with a good near high OC. Furthermore you also need to take into account of the available fan mounting options you have in your case.

800D can mount up to 3 120MM Fans so no problems there. This was more along the lines I was looking at. If I had $500 extra to spend on the Rig no problem but it would be hard coming up with that kind of dough for me right now.

0
a c 78 K Overclocking
October 22, 2011 1:08:42 PM

okay now i can flex my fingers abit.

most wc pro's suggest to stay away from watercooling additives/colored liquid as this would gunk up your WC systems in the tiny microfins inside the blocks.

just get a silver kill coil and forget that its inside the tube in your WC loop+ add distilled water to the loop.

ditch the tube cutter, you can cut the tube with an NT cutter like i did or just take a sharp scissor.

that CPU block is more expensive and performs less when compared to that XSPC raystorm - you can even add some RED LED's to the block to give it more bling factor.

those high rpm slipstreams would be loud in your setup - would you want a more silent approach, if so than you need to change that rad as well.

but i got a better setup for you - and surely you reap its benefits

you can get the distilled water from your grocery :)

in case you're wondering about the cpu block...
0
October 22, 2011 1:15:16 PM

Really I could care less about sound, I can't afford the set-up in the first place and I feel it is useless to obsess over it.

That Block is one of the best out there but if you advise one over another I can look into it. This is Feser, it is a lot better than most other Colored Dyes and doesn't have any of the problems most do. It already has Anti-Microbial and other compounds. It is one of the best rated coolants out there and like I said it uses UV Illumination differently.

Tygon is the Best Tubing Hands down I can find.

That said it is still an extra $500 I just don't have.
0
a c 78 K Overclocking
October 22, 2011 1:17:43 PM

so how does the LCS GPU's route look?

* good luck managing your case temps with all the fan mounts occupied with the LCS rads.
0
October 22, 2011 1:47:00 PM

Lutfij said:
so how does the LCS GPU's route look?

* good luck managing your case temps with all the fan mounts occupied with the LCS rads.

Well the CPU will be on an H100. My Air flow solution for the 800D at this point it pull air from the bottom of the case in and expelling it out the Back and Top. I can manage case temps just fine, mainly with no cables restricting airflow. If I need too I can always replace the 3 Stock 140MM fans with Nocturas.

I am still trying to find a reliable vendor for the LCS. The only one I have found so far is this amazon Listing.http://www.amazon.com/CoolIt-ZT-OMNI-Omni-Liquid-Cooler...

Problem is I have no idea about their return policy and there is no specific info on the unit itself. For each card that is different, you need a different copper plate. The 580 Plate will fit with the 570 but I am having such a hard time just finding the damn things. ebay didn't have anything at all.
0
a c 78 K Overclocking
October 22, 2011 1:51:25 PM

hmmm - i see, maybe go air cooling all the way with your gpu's and leave cpu on LCS as suggested before.

dunno about spending close to 170 on a closed loop gpu which holds tech from a dead company. but its your money and intention. :/
0
October 22, 2011 1:55:37 PM

Lutfij said:
hmmm - i see, maybe go air cooling all the way with your gpu's and leave cpu on LCS as suggested before.

dunno about spending close to 170 on a closed loop gpu which holds tech from a dead company. but its your money and intention. :/

Company isn't dead but I do see your point. Corsair has their CPU coolers but nothing for GPUs. Most likely will end up staying with Pure Air on the GPUs unless I can get a hold of someone at Corsair. Working on that now.
0
a c 78 K Overclocking
October 22, 2011 2:01:21 PM

oh no mate they don't have their coolers, asetek makes them coolers for corsair, antec and coolit as well. but coolit are now outa the business. so much of the R&D tech from coolit will be poured into corsair or maybe draw in the last remaining closed loop customers to their camp.

lemme know how the talk with corsair goes...

* purely an air setup would be very good overall in your build. once you have the funds and time...go with a proper WC setup. Reason i've been stubborn with these LCS products is cos i had my hopes up and got an H50, later modded it and the temps fell from bad to worse. True, that the pump wasn't strong enough but for the sort of money i spent on it i thought it'd outperform my air coolers...i found out the hard way - a hyper 212+ outmatched and outperformed my H50 being 1/8th the cost of an H50 loop.
0
a c 324 K Overclocking
October 22, 2011 2:50:21 PM

There are some more frugal routes you could go, but with a CPU and 2 GPU, you are going to need to consider the amount of radiators you will need to cool the components. Ditch the Black Ice rad you have, you can find better for the same money. The XSPC X20 pump is ok for beginners, but if you are building more than just a CPU only loop, might as well start out with a better pump.

What is your absolute budget for watercooling? As for those LCS coolers on those GPUs...you are going to trust a single 120mm rad to dissipate the heat at load from a 570?

A 570 has a TDP in watts at about 243watts at 100% load. A common 120mm rad averages around 165 watts of heat able to be dissipated. I don't like that math.
0
October 23, 2011 4:21:47 AM

rubix_1011 said:
There are some more frugal routes you could go, but with a CPU and 2 GPU, you are going to need to consider the amount of radiators you will need to cool the components. Ditch the Black Ice rad you have, you can find better for the same money. The XSPC X20 pump is ok for beginners, but if you are building more than just a CPU only loop, might as well start out with a better pump.

What is your absolute budget for watercooling? As for those LCS coolers on those GPUs...you are going to trust a single 120mm rad to dissipate the heat at load from a 570?

A 570 has a TDP in watts at about 243watts at 100% load. A common 120mm rad averages around 165 watts of heat able to be dissipated. I don't like that math.

My Current build is around $2,200 right now with all of the main components and H100. I don't have much more than that to spend right now.

I did get an Email from Cool IT and they pointed me to Zotac, another distributor for Nvidia. It seems it is very hard to buy just the LCS alone. The Product is still being produced and is an option on many sites like Origin, Falcon-NW, Maingear, and other OEMs. http://www.zotacusa.com/omni-upgrade-kit-za-omni.html

Hi Brandon,

CoolIT no longer sells to retail, distribution or direct to end users, however our NVIDIA partner ZOTAC can sell you the OMNI solution.

http://www.zotacusa.com/omni-upgrade-kit-za-omni.html

It appears to be OOS, but I know they’ve got them, so I’m sure if you contact them they will put stock back up.

Regards,

Michael Grey
Regional Manager – Americas
CoolIT Systems Inc.