Can access Web with IE in safe mode but not normal mode

I have a system running Windows XP Home. The system became
infected with many virus's which I have eliminated. I
reinstalled WIndows XP Home and now find that I can not
access the internet in Normal mode ( Page Not Found ), but
can if I go into Safe Mode with Networking.

I have updated with Windows Update in safe mode although
it is not receommended. Same problem.

Any thoughts on what may be wrong or how to proceed ?

Really apreciate it.

david

David, if you can get into Safe Mode try a System Restore. Start>All
Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore.