Gigabyte or MSI

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Cooler Master
  • Gigabyte
  • MSI
Last response: in Motherboards
February 10, 2010 7:54:10 AM

Please suggest me a board among Gigabyte EX58-UD5 and MSI Big Bang Trinergy. My new rig will have,

Intel Core i7-920
Nvidia GTX 480
Nvidia GTS 250(Physx)
Transcend 8 gb DDR3 1333 MHZ
Cooler Master UCP 900W
Cooler Master Storm Sniper Cabinet.

I am new to overclocking. Also tell me about PCI-E bandwidth distribution among three slots, Something like 16x,16x & 8x.
I will be purchasing this rig for long-term use.

More about : gigabyte msi

a b V Motherboard
February 10, 2010 8:13:46 AM

Go for Gigabyte! It is rock solid stable & Good performance board!
Gigabyte boards Good VFM too! (I am using K7 Triton for past 7 Yrs With Zero Problem)
m
l
February 10, 2010 10:21:27 AM

Both are good... But i'm slightly inclined towards MSI...

PCI - E slots have a bandwidth of 16X... when two cards are installed in two slots, full bandwidth is given to both.. but when a third card comes, the bandwidth is shared... the first card will have 16X but the second card will share its 16X with the third card... making both the second and the third card tun at 8X bandwidth... This might seem to have slowed the cards... Technically yes.. Practically speaking this is almost negligible..
m
l
Related resources
a c 156 V Motherboard
February 10, 2010 3:06:32 PM

Gigabyte. With apologies to abhishekk89, there just aren't that many of us who are going to use three video cards. It would be different if the performance of three cards scaled a little better, but it doesn't.
m
l
February 10, 2010 5:06:37 PM

If that's the only choice... Well I would take the Gigabyte... ONLY!!!!

You will be disappointed with the MSI Big Bang Trienergy just because your i7 920 might not fit into the socket... but it's your call :D 
m
l
February 10, 2010 6:52:10 PM

Hey guys can u tell me that why most of you dont recommend MSI, besides having feature like one touch overclocking. Does Gigabyte EX58-UD5 overclocks easily? I am new to overclocking so i still think of MSI.

Is there any difference in sound in MSI over gigabyte? 'coz MSI's trinergy got a good soundcard.

Lastly, which board is a good overclocker?
m
l
February 10, 2010 8:01:26 PM

hey people if ur thinking of buying a msi board i wouldnt take one of the eclipse ones cause i had to send back 2 of them and now have another broken one and i think its due to a memory issue but anyway the asus board i bought now didnt break down jet. So go for asus or gigabyte
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 11, 2010 12:12:17 AM

Gigabyte is easy to overclock & It also has REALTEK ALC889A Chip for High definition audio which gives 2/4/5.1/7.1-channels.
Realtek is the best onboard audio chip out there & You can get periodic Updates!

1.Blu-ray playback outputs supported by high quality 106dB SNR ALC889A HD audio .
2.Supports Dolby Home Theater audio to create a stunning surround sound listening experience !

Think and decide!
m
l
February 11, 2010 1:13:27 AM

If gigabyte's onboard sound is good than what's so different in MSI's sound card?

Will MSI trinergy provide a good flexibility with i7-920 and DDR3?

Right now i am still thinking of trinergy, because of its OC Dashboard, Overclocking button on board, and sound card.

I will be using this PC for Gaming, Movies, 3d rendering and video editing, So it needs a good board support for i7-920 and DDR3.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 11, 2010 1:24:24 AM

Every manufacturer has their own specs saying their products are the best!
We have to look at reliability, customer support etc., before purchasing a product.

It is your choice to choose! We can only guide, from the above posts you can clearly see Gigabyte takes over MSI in all aspects.

Seems you are leaning towards MSI. If you wish, go and purchase buddy!
All i7 boards will have good flexibility with DDR3.

Consider other factors too??

Quote:
hey people if ur thinking of buying a msi board i wouldn't take one of the eclipse ones cause i had to send back 2 of them and now have another broken one and i think its due to a memory issue but anyway the asus board i bought now didn't break down jet. So go for asus or gigabyte

What if something happens to you like this???

Think and decide! Again Choice is yours!We can only guide!
m
l

Best solution

February 11, 2010 3:40:59 AM

007Nix. MSI and Gigabyte both have there strengths and weaknesses. Trust me when I was going for my Gaming build. I DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHAT OCing is. Now a few months later I know how to tweak voltages, play with so many things. Gigabyte might not have one touch OC. But there 2 oz PCB makes it much easier to oc. and MUCH HIGHER. they just broke a world record with a i5 750 to 7.0 Ghz. So I would go with GIGABYTE. if you want sources Ill post them.
February 11, 2010 4:17:03 AM

Best answer selected by 007Nix.
m
l
February 12, 2010 2:04:38 AM

Actually Thats a First :)  Its not even That Technical :) 
m
l
!