Closed

Restore acer windows xp (vista capable) laptop to factory settings

Hi my name is Stephen and I was given a acer laptop that is capable with vista. The system is very slow and I don't have a disk to restore it to factory settings because the laptop was given to the people that gave it to me. I have been through the whole system trying to figure out how to format the whole system to put it back on factory settings so I can use it for school. if someone could please help me I would appreciate it.
3 answers Last reply
More about restore acer windows vista capable laptop factory settings
  1. stephenhiott said:
    Hi my name is Stephen and I was given a acer laptop that is capable with vista. The system is very slow and I don't have a disk to restore it to factory settings because the laptop was given to the people that gave it to me. I have been through the whole system trying to figure out how to format the whole system to put it back on factory settings so I can use it for school. if someone could please help me I would appreciate it.

Careful here ! Restore to Factory Settings is going to give you a single operating system that was installed when shipped. Someone added the other one at a later time.
    Here are some things you should try before taking the
    Factory Restore Route.

If the system is slow, you may need more RAM.
    Do a disk Cleanup.
    Remove any APPS you do not use.
    Use msconfig to remove apps you don't need loaded at startup.
    Scan for infections.
  2. Okay, now, I'm actually going to answer your question. To do a factory restore on an ACER laptop with vista on it, press ALT F10 as the laptop is booting up.
  3. This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Acer Windows Vista Factory Restore Windows XP