Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Restore acer windows xp (vista capable) laptop to factory settings

Last response: in Windows XP
January 28, 2012 4:51:57 AM

Hi my name is Stephen and I was given a acer laptop that is capable with vista. The system is very slow and I don't have a disk to restore it to factory settings because the laptop was given to the people that gave it to me. I have been through the whole system trying to figure out how to format the whole system to put it back on factory settings so I can use it for school. if someone could please help me I would appreciate it.
a b D Laptop
January 28, 2012 5:41:07 AM

stephenhiott said:
Hi my name is Stephen and I was given a acer laptop that is capable with vista. The system is very slow and I don't have a disk to restore it to factory settings because the laptop was given to the people that gave it to me. I have been through the whole system trying to figure out how to format the whole system to put it back on factory settings so I can use it for school. if someone could please help me I would appreciate it.

Careful here ! Restore to Factory Settings is going to give you a single operating system that was installed when shipped. Someone added the other one at a later time.
Here are some things you should try before taking the
Factory Restore Route.

If the system is slow, you may need more RAM.
Do a disk Cleanup.
Remove any APPS you do not use.
Use msconfig to remove apps you don't need loaded at startup.
Scan for infections.
Score
April 18, 2012 12:52:24 AM

Okay, now, I'm actually going to answer your question. To do a factory restore on an ACER laptop with vista on it, press ALT F10 as the laptop is booting up.
Score
a b D Laptop
April 18, 2012 1:01:51 AM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
Related resources
!