Sign in with
Your question

Hyper 212 vs corsair h60

Last response: in Overclocking
October 22, 2011 6:35:34 PM

I have 40 dollars in best buy reward zone points that needs to be spent today. I currently have a hyper 212+ cpu cooler and was just wondering if upgrading to a Corsair h60 watercooling system would be worth the 30 dollars it would cost me.

More about : hyper 212 corsair h60

a c 239 K Overclocking
October 22, 2011 7:24:12 PM

why do you want to little upgrade, The hyper 212 + is pretty good, isn't ? if you use the H60 is not necessarily also be able to get the temperature down significantly, if you want to upgrade to the H100 all it would show really greater performance
October 22, 2011 7:35:51 PM

I just have 40 dollars that needs to be spent at bestbuy today... I want to spend it on something for my computer but dont know what so thought about getting that. Bestbuy dosent have that much computer stuff thats somewhat cheap that i would want... I might just getting another case fan or something...

any suggestions?
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
October 22, 2011 8:23:54 PM

That isn't much of a cooling upgrade, maybe a little better but not worth it IMO. Are you running a hard drive or SSD or both? The one single thing that will make your computer feel faster is quick hard drive space. I would put two hard drives in Raid 0 with the 40 going toward an extra drive. Or possibly buy a cheapish SSD for a boot drive and some programs.
a b K Overclocking
October 22, 2011 9:13:22 PM

I do not suggest any of the Corsair or similar closed loop H2O systems as they are very inefficient and when they leak they can destroy other PC hardware.
October 22, 2011 9:27:59 PM

Don't listen to beenthere. A lot of people used Corsair closed loop system and intel is even introducing close loop cooling system to their CPU. Just make sure that you don't damage the unit when installing and you will be good.
a b K Overclocking
October 22, 2011 9:39:53 PM

phamhlam said:
Don't listen to beenthere. A lot of people used Corsair closed loop system and intel is even introducing close loop cooling system to their CPU. Just make sure that you don't damage the unit when installing and you will be good.

Excuse me but I am entitled to post my beliefs based on actual knowledge. If your POV is different you can RESPECTFULLY state your case. Just because " alot of people" do something doesn't mean it's a smart decision.

Everyone is free to compare the cooling performance of the Corsair/Antec closed loop H2O coolers and see how inferior and over-priced they are compared to HSFs and then make an informed decision. I also suggest they go to the Corsair forums and read the tales of woes when the H2O cooler leaks and destoys the PC hardware.

The link below has both air-cooled and a number of H2O systems for comparison.

http://www.frostytech.com/

FWIW- AMD and Intel are both offering H2O cooler systems on their high-end CPUs - as a test marketing program for those who want to OC. They may cancel these programs if they get enough H2O leaks and irate customers with damaged components from cooler leaks, be they from Antec or other H2O cooler suppliers.

DON'T CONFUSE AD HYPE AND MERITLESS SUBJECTIVE OPINION FOR ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE.
October 22, 2011 9:40:40 PM

Cygnus x-1 said:
That isn't much of a cooling upgrade, maybe a little better but not worth it IMO. Are you running a hard drive or SSD or both? The one single thing that will make your computer feel faster is quick hard drive space. I would put two hard drives in Raid 0 with the 40 going toward an extra drive. Or possibly buy a cheapish SSD for a boot drive and some programs.

I already have 2 ssds in raid 0... I just bought a few fans and made it a push pull with the hyper 212 thanks everyone
a c 324 K Overclocking
October 22, 2011 10:07:48 PM

Liquid helium/LN2 > compressor/phase change > chilled/sub-ambient watercooling > Real watercooling > Good/great air cooling > self contained LCS coolers > low-end air coolers/stock air coolers
a b K Overclocking
October 22, 2011 10:24:30 PM

h60 is a smallish step above the 212 and really not anymore quiet.
Buy a game instead or two if they are onsale.
!