Sign in with
Your question

6 Out puts on one card!!?!?? HELZ YEAH!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
September 10, 2009 8:06:10 PM

Read: http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3635

Quote:
That's six Dell 30" displays, each with an individual resolution of 2560 x 1600. The game is World of Warcraft and the man crouched in front of the setup is Carrell Killebrew, his name may sound familiar.

Driving all of this is AMD's next-generation GPU, which will be announced later this month. I didn't leave out any letters, there's a single GPU driving all of these panels. The actual resolution being rendered at is 7680 x 3200; WoW got over 80 fps with the details maxed. This is the successor to the RV770. We can't talk specs but at today's AMD press conference two details are public: over 2 billion transistors and over 2 TFLOPs of performance. As expected, but nice to know regardless.

The technology being demonstrated here is called Eyefinity and it actually all started in notebooks.

Now only if they mad native Quad 30" for a decent price. (Probably won't happen for at least 3 years).

Also, could one just make one's own enclosure for all the LCDs that don't have a very thick edge so that most of the bar problems should be eliminated. (I'm assuming ~4mm distance between each screen). That would be cool. Right now, the bezle of the LCDs get in the way. Would be quite annoying to game on.

More about : puts card helz yeah

a b U Graphics card
September 10, 2009 8:18:55 PM

Yeah I can't imagine actually gaming with the LCDs set up like that. That res is sick though.
a b U Graphics card
September 10, 2009 8:41:53 PM

Having 6 screens and playing a game at 5040x2100 (6 screens at 1680x1050) would be crazy cool for me but unfortunately wouldent be all that practical for me.

However I do see myself using 6 screens but playing 6 EVE Online games in windowed mode at once. :)  All with one graphics card. Although thinking about it more, this sort of configuration could potentialy open up some bottlenecks for me...(cpu, pcie, harddrive io's to name a few)
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
September 10, 2009 8:54:27 PM

holy f'ing sweet

though i can't even afford one 30" monitor right now
a b U Graphics card
September 10, 2009 9:43:35 PM

Yup. Nice card. I guess this is where we'r heading. I wonder why can't they just make a Quad 30" or even Quad 22" LCDs these days for cheap.
a b U Graphics card
September 10, 2009 9:57:19 PM

I would say that the cost to make the quad screens would be to high and the number of people that would use them is to few to make any significant profit.
I would imagine people would buy the screens seperately as it would be much cheaper and easyer to replace if one where to become damaged.
a b U Graphics card
September 10, 2009 10:18:47 PM

see they really need to do 9(3x3) outputs, that way the center of the screen isn't on the monitors edge
a b U Graphics card
September 10, 2009 10:22:48 PM

Shadow703793 said:
Yup. Nice card. I guess this is where we'r heading. I wonder why can't they just make a Quad 30" or even Quad 22" LCDs these days for cheap.

Nobody needed or wanted multiple 30" screens, up till now. It is still more profitable for the lcd makers to pretend that 30" lcd's really do cost 500% more. When the demand for larger and larger screens increases, the demand for cheaper ones will too.

We aren't talking about anything that is really close to us, except for the very rich. Maybe in 2-3 years.
a b U Graphics card
September 10, 2009 10:24:35 PM

mindless728 said:
see they really need to do 9(3x3) outputs, that way the center of the screen isn't on the monitors edge

That's a simple software fix.
a b U Graphics card
September 10, 2009 10:27:31 PM

jennyh said:
That's a simple software fix.

meh, i still think it would be better for the center to be at the center and also not have the borders interfere
a b U Graphics card
September 10, 2009 10:29:05 PM

or you could find some cheap projectors, instead of having to find alot of desktop space youd need to find a big enough wall...
a b U Graphics card
September 10, 2009 10:29:33 PM

mindless728 said:
meh, i still think it would be better for the center to be at the center and also not have the borders interfere

But the thing is, people will want to have different screen setups. 4x3 for example, or 3x3.

That's why you let the software decide and fix it.
a b U Graphics card
September 10, 2009 10:35:00 PM

paperfox said:
or you could find some cheap projectors, instead of having to find alot of desktop space youd need to find a big enough wall...

yeah, but unless you buy the 175k 2400P projector, this simply has more pixels
a b U Graphics card
September 10, 2009 10:37:19 PM

Maybe we should start building houses out of transistors instead of bricks and mortar.
a b U Graphics card
September 10, 2009 10:48:49 PM

I like it, but the bezel of the monitors are too thick and therefore the whole character is cut out a bit.

If there was a way to get the bezel around the actual screen thinner so that the whole thing put together looks like one huge picture, I will get it.....(I am a dreamer... so let me dream....)
a b U Graphics card
September 10, 2009 10:56:45 PM

maybe they will start selling "multi screen edition" monitors with realy small bazel edges :) 
a b U Graphics card
September 10, 2009 10:58:27 PM

That's the point here isnt it?

Up until now, there has never been a market for it. Take away those bezels and suddenly you have a whole lot of people who really, really want that kind of setup.
September 11, 2009 12:12:23 AM

bring on teh 5 series, we'v suffered enough pain, dont yeh think?
a c 271 U Graphics card
September 11, 2009 12:19:22 AM

soundefx said:
I like it, but the bezel of the monitors are too thick and therefore the whole character is cut out a bit.

If there was a way to get the bezel around the actual screen thinner so that the whole thing put together looks like one huge picture, I will get it.....(I am a dreamer... so let me dream....)

Don't dream, want.
a b U Graphics card
September 11, 2009 12:46:48 AM

^ HOLY SH!T!! Where did you find that?
a c 271 U Graphics card
September 11, 2009 1:07:39 AM

Shadow703793 said:
^ HOLY SH!T!! Where did you find that?

It was 'borrowed' for a trade show that my company was given some floorspace at for free, so we had a couple of days to grab what kit we could and throw something together, I preferred the image on the 103" plasma personally :sol:  but the 108" LCD was also rather nice.
a b U Graphics card
September 11, 2009 5:51:16 AM

so awesome
a b U Graphics card
September 11, 2009 9:00:31 PM

Mousemonkey said:
It was 'borrowed' for a trade show that my company was given some floorspace at for free, so we had a couple of days to grab what kit we could and throw something together, I preferred the image on the 103" plasma personally :sol:  but the 108" LCD was also rather nice.

Lucky man.
a c 271 U Graphics card
September 11, 2009 9:03:59 PM

I get to play with some nice kit, but I don't get to keep any of it. :( 
a c 271 U Graphics card
September 12, 2009 5:32:21 AM

I've got the numbers for last weeks draw if that's any good? :lol: 
Related resources
!