I can't find NOTEPAD.EXE. i think it's for or was in
backup file, how do i restore it. Help please

Thanks
Frank

If Notepad.exe file is missing, then I would recommend you to use the sfc
utility to restore the file. For a detailed description of the SFC utility,
please visit the link given below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747&Product=winxp

Also, you can visit the following link that has information on extracting a
file:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310435&Product=winxp

Srikanth N

"Frank Tagliavia" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I can't find NOTEPAD.EXE. i think it's for or was in
>backup file, how do i restore it. Help please

You can do this with MSCONFIG.EXE. Click "Expand File" and put the
file into the WINDOWS folder.

--
(tm)