Hi guys,
First of all, the configuration of the PC is as follows:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2 v2.0
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2500+ 1.8 GHz
GPU:ATI Radeon 9550 / X1050 Series
Memory: 1023 MB
HDD: WDC WD800JB-00FMA0 ATA Device

:pt1cable:

Now, I'm no expert, but I have successfully overclocked the CPU, and ended up with a stable system. The former 2500+ is now a 3200+, running at 2200 MHz. This is extremely easy and I want to share with you how I did it, so you can up your old PC's performance by a bit. I haven't done any serious benchmarks, but the Windows Experience Index for the CPU went from 2.2 to 3.5. I know it's laughable, but it is a really old model after all and the difference is noticeable. :kaola:

What gave me a bit of trouble in this whole process was the Motherboard's BIOS, but what I had to do in the end was set the FSB Frequency of the CPU to 200 MHz, and the Memory Frequency to 400MHz. I then upped the VPUcore by 5% and everything was set. Easy!

So, in BIOS, this is what needs to be changed:
Advanced Chipset Features
System Performance: Normal
FSB Frequency: 200
Memory Frequency: By SPD
Resulting Frequency: 400MHz
Frequency/Voltage Control
VCORE Voltage Control:+5%
:wahoo:

I hope I haven't offended anyone's intelligence with this topic. :??:
Thing is, I did it out of boredom, and it turned out to be a good thing. I mean, I also have a laptop with a better configuration so I didn't see why I shouldn't try overclocking the PC. I really didn't care about the risks involving my old rust bucket at the time I did it. :D
Anyhow, the system is stable and running faster! :pt1cable:
:hello: