Your question

Asus P5E marvel yukon ethernet

Tags:
  • Asus
  • Ethernet Card
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
February 10, 2010 3:32:46 PM

Hey there, I'm not too knowledgeable about anything to do with my ethernet port so was wondering if someone could set me in the right direction.

I've been an avid gamer for a while now and I've noticed when I play on certain FPS games like counterstrike source that when I play on certain servers I will have really good reg with my shots other times I will hit someone multiple times for sure with well aimed shots and the bullets don't reg. It's not even like this happens a small amount it will get to the point where it's completely unplayable.

I have read things online about the ethernet port on the P5E which is a marvel yukon ethernet and have heard other people having some problems with it. For example here is what one guy said reviewing the motherboard.

"The Marvel Yukon ethernet implementation sucks out loud! Up, down, up, down, up, down, .... It is on the PCI bus. I thought they learned their lesson with this. I had a P4C800-E with Intel ethernet on a separate bus. Worked like a dream; no sharing of the bus. Intel called it CSA. Now we have PCI x1 as a fast, unshared resource, depending on your add-ons. But nooooooo, Asus has to plant the LAN/ethernet hardware on the PCI x16 bus. So, I purchased an Intel PCI x1-type ethernet card."

My question is for whatever reason it being on the PCI bus or w/e could the ethernet not be running at full potential to where it makes my internet slower or affects it so it performs gaming badly? Sorry for the wall of text =P I'm just not sure what the problem is and I've tried multiple things. Just wanted to see if maybe this is the problem. Thanks for any help this site kicks ass.

More about : asus p5e marvel yukon ethernet

a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
February 11, 2010 11:19:03 AM

welcome to the forums!

wo you have the latest drivers installaed on your pc?
m
l
February 20, 2010 11:36:48 PM

Yeah I did that and been testing it out a while It isn't as bad as it used to be but it still does it quite a bit.
m
l
!