vainglorious11

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
20-227-320-TS

OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ3RPR16004GK - Retail

As far as I can see, you can't beat this deal for 4GB of DDR3 right now in Canada. It's DDR3 1600 with 7-7-7-24 timings, for less than most 1333/CL 8 kits. The only downside I can see is the high voltage (1.9V), and maybe not everyone is into the heatpipe look.

I bought a kit of this to go with my Phenom II X3 720BE processor and ASUS M4A78T-E motherboard. Some people have had to fiddle with this RAM to make it work properly, but it's on my mobo's Qualified Vendors List, so I don't anticipate too much hassle.

well, i wouldnt want to use high voltage memory like that with a processor that has the memory controller, if the memory controller blows, there goes your processor (though with the AMD's you might still be able to use DDR2 if the DDR3 mem controller goes)

I dont think the AMD's memory controller voltage is tied in to the ram voltage like the i7's is. They didnt put out a low voltage recommendations so it should be fine.

Just make sure that heat pipes arent going to hit the CPU cooler, it wont be a problem with the stock cooler but might be an issue with a large aftermarket cooler