Sign in with
Your question

Wireless Mouse Freeze

Last response: in Systems
August 21, 2009 6:56:15 AM

I notice from time to time when I move my wireless "Logitech" mouse the cursor stops in mid track for one or two or three seconds and then continues.

Sorry I can't give the model of the mouse but I bought the top of the line gamers wifi mouse form Logitech in February this year.

My system is a quad core machine using VISTA Ultimate.

I do find when I rip videos that some times they don't rip correctly and see that there seems to be background work on my PC. NOthing major but keeping my cores busy at 2 to 4 percent. I am runnin Norton but I checked that and it was off.

I would've thought a mouse would have a very high priority. Short of me going back to a mouse with a wire what can I do?

Thanks

More about : wireless mouse freeze

August 21, 2009 9:02:14 AM

hey, i think no one is helping you is because this is probably in the wrong section to ask, "HOMEBUILT" but yea your mouse is probably old, need new driver update batteries ? try a another wireless mouse to see if its the computer, most likely not... gl
August 21, 2009 1:43:05 PM

"Sorry I can't give the model of the mouse but I bought the top of the line gamers wifi mouse form Logitech in February this year."

silver...I don't think it's "old" as you suppose.

I've seen a lot of people have trouble with wi-fi mice, and some with really good results. I personally don't use them just because of the potential issues + having to buy batteries for the darn thing all the time. I really don't care about having a cable, but hey, it's just a matter of preference. You might want to try a bluetooth mouse instead.
!