GTX295 Performance

bmxjumperc

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
Does anyone know of the plans on nVidia's part to really push the GTX295's performance hard with drivers? Right now I doubt it is living up to its full potential.

HibyPrime

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
Both ati and nvidia have always been pretty good at updating their drivers regularly to improve performance.

I doubt the 295 will ever be running as efficiently as it can be, but I'm sure you can expect the performance to improve around 5-15% over the next year or so. Though, if you have a GTX295, I really don't see why you seem to need more power anyway...

bmxjumperc

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
I'm not into ATI my first ATI card I bought was in 2007 it was $100 and it couldn't even run Black and White 2 AT ALL it was as small as a paperclip and the packaging made it look like it could play any game at full detail withought a thought put into it. So I switched to nVidia now I paid $500 for my card and at least most of the time the frame rates and detail are quite good but I would like to emagine a graphics solution that makes more sence than pretty good most of the time. Which is why I am pushing for drivers that will push the performance of my card. I'm looking forward to the next gen of cards but if I was a monopoly like nVidia and ATI I would just make drivers that make really expensive cards suck right before the next gen of cards come out ------geee I wonder.

HibyPrime

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
They wouldn't do that, at least not in any significant amount... That kind of action is asking for some serious class action lawsuits.

Fyi, there are $100 nVidia cards that suck right now too, the problem isn't that the card was more expensive than it should have been, the problem is you didn't do your research. Both camps have always had their crappy cards sell for 3-4x their worth, just for the uninformed people to purchase.

I'd bet if you looked hard enough you could find a 9600gt for over $200.

bmxjumperc

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
you're saying it's pretty normal to purposely over price a card but it's absolutely impossible that the card you already have won't perposely be underperformed so that nVidia can ensure that it's customers will buy their cards every few years.

-it's probably a good thing that hmm nVidia dosn't directly sell their cards. My cards are EVGA, it's all in the eye of the beholder.

HibyPrime

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006

It's perfectly legal to sell a Pentium 4 for $10 million dollars.

It's perfectly illegal to sell a Core i7 for $0.50 and then significantly change it without your permission.

bmxjumperc

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
eh dosn't really mater, my GTX 295 is performing like a pice of slimy kiwi juice along with my 9800GT it just wasn't before I think I had something on my system that was making it hang, reason being I reinstalled the OS and took it seriously this time by downloading the service packs seperetly then before any update was automaticly installed I installed both service packs, this computer has never been so reliable and stable and fast.