Default fonts

I inadvertently removed some fonts from my computer. I have restored them all, but am having a problem: some webpages and applications are displaying an unusual font. I do not know the common thread on the applications, but I have determined that all the webpages that are displaying this strange font specify just "sans-serif" as their choice font. If something specific is specified, such as arial or verdana, the page displays the correct font.

Where can I change the settings for what windows uses as the default sans-serif font, or is there something else I need to do to fix this problem?

Thank You!
1 answer Last reply
More about default fonts

    You can choose the type of Font in IE by going to Tools>Internet
    Options>General Tab. You will see Fonts
    near the bottom of the Dialog Box. For other Fonts go to Help and
    Support and type Fonts in the Search
    Field.
    "mobiusep" <mobiusep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I inadvertently removed some fonts from my computer. I have restored them
    all, but am having a problem: some webpages and applications are displaying
    an unusual font. I do not know the common thread on the applications, but I
    have determined that all the webpages that are displaying this strange font
    specify just "sans-serif" as their choice font. If something specific is
    specified, such as arial or verdana, the page displays the correct font.

    > Where can I change the settings for what windows uses as the default
    sans-serif font, or is there something else I need to do to fix this
    problem?

    > Thank You!

Configuration Font Windows XP