Heatsink issue installation, and OCing

redwood36

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
Hey guys, this is a two part question, one to do with builing and the other to do with OCing. since my main concern was with the heatsink, i put it in this forum.

I bought this heatsink
a notcua heastink for my P6T deluxe v2 mobo. now after installation (which by the way wasnt easy, it has a strange setup, and fan clip diagram wasnt clear at all. as a result i fear i may have put undo pressure on my cpu as a result.)
i notice that when the computer is upright, the heatsink kind of sags downward, at a slight angle. i fear (again) this is putting uneven pressure on the cpu, which im sure is not desireable for a a number of reasons. i figured at first this was a matter of my improper screwing in of the screws. however i checked them and tightened them to no end and still the problem persists. near as i can tell it is a matter of the springs but i am probably wrong. can anyone confirm that this is perhaps acceptable, or if not any reccomendations as to the diagnosis and cure?

secondly, can anyone give a quick summary of how i should oc this system. Im a first timer to the OC scene, so a moderate OC that can be maintained for long hour usage (i leave my computer on for days a time, generally for some kind of download or whatever), and otherwise what BIOS settings i should be sure to check. thanks!

MB ASUS P6T DELUXE V2 1366 X58 RTL

VGA XFX|GX285XZWBF GTX285 1G RT - Retail

THERMAL COMPOUND NOCTUA NT-H1 RT

CASE CoolMaster|HAF-932-KKN1-GP BK RT

PSU CORSAIR|CMPSU-750TX 750W RT - Retail

CPU INTEL|CORE I7 920 2.66G 45N R

MEM 2Gx3|OCZ OCZ3P1600LV6GK R

HD 1T|WD 7K 32M SATA2 WD1001FALS % - OEM

CPU COOL NOCTUA|NH-U12P SE1366 R