Sign in with
Your question

Logitech headphones with microphone

Last response: in Windows XP
January 28, 2012 10:03:51 PM

Hello,
So I bought this microphone/headset to record my voice and such but the microphone doesn't work. The headphones work just find, however.
I already tried going to the control pannel and changing the audio devices but all that shows up is "Realtek Audio Output" I went to go to the options to change it but that's the only option it will give me.
The green and pink plugs are both in and everything.

Help would be greatly appreciated.
January 30, 2012 9:18:43 AM

Trolololololololo said:
Hello,
So I bought this microphone/headset to record my voice and such but the microphone doesn't work. The headphones work just find, however.
I already tried going to the control pannel and changing the audio devices but all that shows up is "Realtek Audio Output" I went to go to the options to change it but that's the only option it will give me.
The green and pink plugs are both in and everything.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Any error reporrted in device manager, or "other" device signified with yellow question mark, etc ?

Have you checked in "services.msc" scroll down to "Windows Audio" in the list of services double click it if not set to automatic, start the service and set it to automatic.
m
l
January 30, 2012 9:32:53 AM

hello i always like to start at the top of the list of things that can be wrong so sorry to state the obvious

the default state for a mic is muted in the volume control panel so

1) open the volume control panel see if Mic is muted and turned up
if it is not on the list Options>Properties and tick MIC Volume
2) Test with second mic if you have one
3) Test mic on diffrent system
m
l
!