Tags:
  • Sound Cards
  • Headphones
  • Realtek
  • Audio
  • Components
Last response: in Components
November 14, 2009 12:53:55 PM

OK, so last night I noticed that my microphone weren't being detected (headphones still worked fine), so I thought there must be a problem with drivers so I downloaded the latest from Realtek Audios site. But now, I have no sound at all through my headphones. I've tried all the tricks, like disabling front panel jack detection and all that, but to no avail...

So...any help? :( 

More about : realtek audio problems sound headphones

November 14, 2009 2:05:33 PM

What OS you're currently using?
If Win XP, open the System Properties window then go to the Hardware Tab and
open the Device Manager window, see if the device (your Sound card) is detected by
the system, If not then there's something wrong with the driver you just installed.
Though this usually happens but there are just some Realtek drivers that dont
work well on some Realtek hardware chipsets (in this case, the one built in your
mobo) on the driver you installed.
Some peeps do is reinstall the driver and it all works fine again though some
just misunderstood the version of the driver which they think is compatible with
the current chipset they have, what they do is just uninstall the driver and revert back
to the version from where woks before.

-- If you're using Vista or Win 7, then i suggest refer to Realtek's website on what
latest compatible driver best suited for those OS'es specially Vista.

Hope this helps :) 
November 14, 2009 4:04:31 PM

Rock_n_Rolla said:
What OS you're currently using?
If Win XP, open the System Properties window then go to the Hardware Tab and
open the Device Manager window, see if the device (your Sound card) is detected by
the system, If not then there's something wrong with the driver you just installed.
Though this usually happens but there are just some Realtek drivers that dont
work well on some Realtek hardware chipsets (in this case, the one built in your
mobo) on the driver you installed.
Some peeps do is reinstall the driver and it all works fine again though some
just misunderstood the version of the driver which they think is compatible with
the current chipset they have, what they do is just uninstall the driver and revert back
to the version from where woks before.

-- If you're using Vista or Win 7, then i suggest refer to Realtek's website on what
latest compatible driver best suited for those OS'es specially Vista.

Hope this helps :) 

I'm using Vista 64 bit. I checked Realteks site again, and theres no newer drivers than the one I downloaded :/ 
Related resources
November 14, 2009 6:14:30 PM

OK, so I managed to roll back the drivers with System Restore, so I've got my sound back, but my microphone still isn't being detected...whats also odd is a can't find the Realtek Audio Manager in the tray...is there anyway to open it from another place?
November 15, 2009 3:56:03 AM

Go to the Control Panel and look for the Realtek Sound Effect Manager icon and
double click it, Im not sure but there's an option there somewhere (a radio button)
once enabled, the Realtek icon will appear on your taskbar so you can control some
of the major functions of your sound card including the equalizer and the mic.

- Also that option when enabled, the sound effect manager will automatically appear on
the taskbar for easy access everytime you start your pc.
!