Sign in with
Your question

Possible to remove components from a studio slim

Last response: in Components
November 14, 2009 1:30:29 PM

Is this even possible? I just want to take everything out and put it into a new case so I can get a proper gpu and not those low profile gpu's. The setup would be for gaming. Would I have to get anything else new so It would be compatible or even work with a new gpu? Current setup: Intel core 2 duo CPU @ 2.66GHZ 4GB Ram Studio Slim Case
November 15, 2009 12:11:59 AM

It doesn't seem like it'd be a problem, except for the power supply. Be sure to buy a new one with enough amperage on the 12V rail. Also, the Dell PSU is a proprietary form factor, so it wouldn't fit in a standard ATX case anyway.
There shouldn't be any problems running whatever video card you like so long as the power supply is sufficient.
Also, here's a review with some pictures of the Studio Slim's innards: http://www.desktopreview.com/default.asp?newsID=530&Rev...
November 18, 2009 7:33:28 PM

Thanks, just wanted to make sure before I bought a new case and graphics card. Will make sure to look through PSU's too!
Related resources
a c 144 ) Power supply
November 19, 2009 8:29:07 PM

What kind of graphics card are planning on buying?
November 22, 2009 12:44:49 PM

I haven't decided yet, but I didn't want to restrict my self to a low profile card.
!