Rampage Extreme II proplem?

cujzek

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
Hello, has a problem with the motherboard Asus Rampage Extreme II, Corsair memory TR3X6G1600C8 3x2GB. Unable to install WIN7/64 or Xp/64 on my computer. Installation starts and then stops after a while. Hard drive is 36Gb WD Raptor and WD Caviar Black 750 GB. Is the problem with memory or hard disks? Is this memory compatible with motherboard?

JessicaD

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
Cujzek,

Prior to migrating to Windows 7 did you run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor?
To determine if your current computer configuration will be compatible with Windows 7 please go to the following link: http://tinyurl.com/no4xb7

Another resource to verify compatibility is available at the Microsoft Windows 7 Compatibility Center located at the following link: http://bit.ly/1gW6Ns

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

cujzek

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
Thank you for your answers. I managed to install win 7 (64bit). I had in the BIOS under CPU advanced settings to exclude some options. But when I start Internet Explorer the computer freezes. The same happens after some time of work (playing video, music...). What is the problem?

Slim Shady

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
Well, you can try this....

In safe mode, go to start->run, type in msconfig, and the system configuration window will come up.

First, try clicking on startup and say disable all, then say apply. Try restarting your computer and loading it normally, and see if it lets you get anywhere. If it does, you can go back into msconfig and start enabling startup items again until you find the one that is messing you up.

If that didn't work, try going back into msconfig, keep all the startup items disabled, and click on the services tab. check the box saying hide all microsoft services, then click on disable all, and hit apply. Try restarting into Windows normally again, if it works, then again, you have to figure out which service/startup items are affecting your boot up.

If that didn't work either, then you may have a graphics card issue. Where does it stop when you try to load Windows normally?

cujzek

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
The voltage is 1.65V. That' OK. I found out the problem is in VGA driver. The graphic card is SAPPHIRE ATI Radeon HD5870 and the driver is for vista. When I uninstall the driver all work's OK. On the home page from ATI is no driver for WIN7. The Windows7UpgradeAdvisorSetup say's for this card is no driver for WIN7 64 ULTIMATE. Is this card no compatible with W7? Where can I get this driver that work's?

Lutfij

Titan
@cujzek - voltages dont cause the glitch ur facing now. But ofcourse the card is compatible with the OS....

see if this link helps out:

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/downloads/download_index_01.aspx?psn=0006

i tried it out myself, with
step 1
product>

step 2
interface (PCI-e)>

step 3
product series (5800series)>

step 4
product name (5870) - if u have the vapor x edition then pls find it there)

then finally select the OS which is the windows 7 64 bit edition

bingo u get a list of drivers for the card!

happy searching :sol:

cujzek

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
Thank's Lutfij.
I tried with the ATI driver and does not work. I will now try with driver from Sapphire site. Windows upgrade advisor says that the card does not support Windows Aero. Does it matter?

Lutfij

Titan
i think theres a small error in the software...i use a xfx 8600GT fatal1ty passive cooled edition grafix card (its 2yrs old -nearly) and i have aero working perfectly...the site i jus posted to u gives u the drivers from the sapphire site - not ATI's official site (although both ati's and sapphires have the same file content)

the link i gave u will take u to sapphires driver download page. If ur having trouble - tell me wat ur grafix card specs are :) mayb help u find a diff dwnld site...

goodluck on ur driver find :hello:

oh, and this should explain what Aero is -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Aero

cujzek

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
The driver from Sapphire site is the same as from ATI site. It does't work. Grafix card is Sapphire ATI Radeon HD5870 Game edition. When I start to rate my computer in Windows 7 Pro x64 at the begining from 3D test it freezes. I'm sure it is the 3D driver for this card! There is no Aero effect!

Lutfij

Titan
then ur card is deffective...y wont the driver fix it...can u take it to the dealer? show them the problem, as u cant see an aero effect - then you mentioned your display locks up and then you have the problem with the grafix test. All of them show signs that ur problem is in ur grafix card.. try replacing it - or mayb punch some sense into ur dealer

G

the TX950W in incompatible with Asus Rampage II Extreme. I got one today, and can't even boot windows... Works ok with my old BFG 650W.