Hibernation/ Standby Mode

I had to re-install win XP Pro on my computer. So far
everything works well, except for the fact I can't place
the computer into standby mode or hibernation. From the
start menu I can click shutdown and the standby option
isn't available. The other quick launch keys work
properly. This option worked prior to the re-installation.
3 answers Last reply
More about hibernation standby mode

    Jesse, check in Control Panel>Power Options>Hibernation Tab. Make sure
    the box is checked.
    "Jesse" <Jesse.Kent@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I had to re-install win XP Pro on my computer. So far
    > everything works well, except for the fact I can't place
    > the computer into standby mode or hibernation. From the
    > start menu I can click shutdown and the standby option
    > isn't available. The other quick launch keys work
    > properly. This option worked prior to the re-installation.

    I have the same problem in my PC but there no hibernation tape in Power
    Option .

    "Rich Barry" <rbarry@NOTsocal.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Jesse, check in Control Panel>Power Options>Hibernation Tab. Make sure
    > the box is checked.
    > "Jesse" <Jesse.Kent@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > I had to re-install win XP Pro on my computer. So far
    > > everything works well, except for the fact I can't place
    > > the computer into standby mode or hibernation. From the
    > > start menu I can click shutdown and the standby option
    > > isn't available. The other quick launch keys work
    > > properly. This option worked prior to the re-installation.

    this happens to me when i dont have my display drivers installed

    "Ahmed Hassan" wrote:

    > I have the same problem in my PC but there no hibernation tape in Power
    > Option .
    >

    > "Rich Barry" <rbarry@NOTsocal.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > Jesse, check in Control Panel>Power Options>Hibernation Tab. Make sure
    > > the box is checked.
    > > "Jesse" <Jesse.Kent@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > > I had to re-install win XP Pro on my computer. So far
    > > > everything works well, except for the fact I can't place
    > > > the computer into standby mode or hibernation. From the
    > > > start menu I can click shutdown and the standby option
    > > > isn't available. The other quick launch keys work
    > > > properly. This option worked prior to the re-installation.

Configuration Hibernation Computers Windows XP