Hibernation/ Standby Mode

July 28, 2004 7:18:58 PM

I had to re-install win XP Pro on my computer. So far
everything works well, except for the fact I can't place
the computer into standby mode or hibernation. From the
start menu I can click shutdown and the standby option
isn't available. The other quick launch keys work
properly. This option worked prior to the re-installation.
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 7:39:59 PM

Jesse, check in Control Panel>Power Options>Hibernation Tab. Make sure
the box is checked.
"Jesse" <Jesse.Kent@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I had to re-install win XP Pro on my computer. So far
> everything works well, except for the fact I can't place
> the computer into standby mode or hibernation. From the
> start menu I can click shutdown and the standby option
> isn't available. The other quick launch keys work
> properly. This option worked prior to the re-installation.
Anonymous
August 4, 2004 5:46:42 PM

I have the same problem in my PC but there no hibernation tape in Power
Option .

"Rich Barry" <rbarry@NOTsocal.rr.com> wrote in message
> Jesse, check in Control Panel>Power Options>Hibernation Tab. Make sure
> the box is checked.
> "Jesse" <Jesse.Kent@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > I had to re-install win XP Pro on my computer. So far
> > everything works well, except for the fact I can't place
> > the computer into standby mode or hibernation. From the
> > start menu I can click shutdown and the standby option
> > isn't available. The other quick launch keys work
> > properly. This option worked prior to the re-installation.

Anonymous
August 7, 2004 3:21:01 AM

this happens to me when i dont have my display drivers installed

!