4870 display problem

_orbital_

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2008
Hey guys i have a little or big problem.. i play like for an hour and here comes out a message and shuts down my game [any game]:

my specs:

AMD P II 940 3.3 ghz overclocked
8 GB ram DDR 2 880 MHZ
650W Antec modular PS
HD 4870 512Mb overclocked
Mid-tower with 120mm fan, 80mm fan.
room is pretty cold not warm.

it happen recently so i don't know what's wrong updated new drivers but happens the same..

Thank you guys

Solution
Usually I get that message when I have maxed the vid card out and tried to play a demanding game. Pull back on your OC, see if it goes away. The GPU speed is more likely than the RAM.

orangegator

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2007
Since the card is overclocked and it takes about an hour to happen, it is likely the video card overheating. Try running with the side of the case off and see if that helps. If so, then you need better airflow to keep it cool.

_orbital_

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2008

i checked heat issue and card was only 60 C after playing

festerovic

Distinguished
I benchmark OC with 3dmark vantage. Sometimes, I can run a loop of the tests for 5 hours with a certain overclock, its fine. Then I go to play a game the next day with what I thought was the best OC I could use, and it doesn't work (errors in game, cut to desktop, driver not working, like you)

This might mean it's game specific. Some games error out at low OC, some don't give a damn.

_orbital_

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2008

oh ok.. thanks.. will clock on default..

thank you all

TRENDING THREADS