Can HDD size affect game speed?

highsis

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
I should it shouldn't affect game speed in general.

But I found that my computer runs Paradox games(Victoria 2 in particular) slower after upgrading. Ram size has been doubled and CPU has much faster clock speed. (I was using quad before, so it's not the better of core usage)

What could possibly have caused this? If it isn't the HDD(specification exactly same as previous one. only the size differs), what would that be?

I'm quite confused and disappointed that games are running slower after upgrade. This is usually not one would expect.. :(

Solution

Could be a lot of things, but we would need more detail about your system.

Hard drives typically affect game performance when loading the game, maps, or levels or saving, autosaving and...

Could be a lot of things, but we would need more detail about your system.

Hard drives typically affect game performance when loading the game, maps, or levels or saving, autosaving and the like.

Not familiar with paradox, but I'm gonna guess you are talking about online games, which performance is mainly dictated by network speed. Many flash based games do not even use graphics acceleration.
Anyway, without knowing more about your system , or the games, it would be difficult to determine a cause of latency but the hard drive is an unlikely culprit.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS