Noob questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

erenas4

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
How difficult is it to overclock? Does a more expensive MB make it easier? The reason i ask is because right now I have a ECS 780gm-a Black edition and if I change a single thing in the bios i get a blue screen. Is it just my mb? Ive got good cooling. 37 idle on air. I feel like I should be able to OC it a little bit. Thoughts?

Solution
Could be your mobo, but most likely your ram. overclocking is a technical skill that you need to really do a lot of research on, and really know what you are doing. every chip is different, and not every chip will/could be OC'd. There is a multitude of contributors, including ram, mobo, psu, and even your heatsink/fan. Tom's has a few guides in the forums you should read up on, and then really think about what you need to do. people can help you out, but you have to give equipment details.

casualbuilder

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
Could be your mobo, but most likely your ram. overclocking is a technical skill that you need to really do a lot of research on, and really know what you are doing. every chip is different, and not every chip will/could be OC'd. There is a multitude of contributors, including ram, mobo, psu, and even your heatsink/fan. Tom's has a few guides in the forums you should read up on, and then really think about what you need to do. people can help you out, but you have to give equipment details.

Solution
- it easy if understood and learn guide first according by system.

- it's not ecxactly .. expensive not guarantee success in the overclock, the most accurate possible motherboard with many features overclock and had good component part. Also depend other hardware like ram, psu, hdd, cpu, cpu cooler and software / OS + driver

- BSOD in bios or in windows , wich ? Bsod in bios it mean your MB damage , Bsod in windows it mean fail setting in bios / overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.