Sign in with
Your question

App for overclocking amd athlon 64x2 4400

Last response: in Overclocking
October 25, 2011 5:07:23 AM

Hello, I have been trying to find an overclock utility for my amd athlon 64x 2 4400+ 2.3, because there is no clocking options in the bios, any help would be greatly appreciated.
PC specs:
Ace aspire m1100/m5100 Which is confusing, it says m1100 on my pc it self, but the dxdiag tool says M5100
motherboard Id F690GVM
amd athlon 64x 2 4400+ 2.3GHz
ati 4670 hd 1gig ddr3
ddr2 ocz reaper 800 Mhz dual channel 8 gig 4x2gig
win vista 64 bit
Bios Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG, SM Bios Ver 2.4
system BIOS ID R02-B2
a b À AMD
a c 242 K Overclocking
October 25, 2011 12:04:07 PM

Overclock use software very dangerous since you had mobo from manufacture, I do not recomend you do it. for better ran at default, if you want overclock get new mb support overclock minimum AM3. If you want see spec detail use CPU-Z
m
l
October 25, 2011 1:07:35 PM

henydiah said:
Overclock use software very dangerous since you had mobo from manufacture, I do not recomend you do it. for better ran at default, if you want overclock get new mb support overclock minimum AM3. If you want see spec detail use CPU-Z

If i could get a new Mb I would, I would rather have a quad core myself, Or that nice new 8 core possessor the have out LOL, but anyway i have been looking around and a lot of people have overclocked the same amd 4400+ 2.3 MHz with AM2 socket, depending on the cooling sys they use, was getting from 2.6 to 3.2 speeds out of theirs. So I do not know why I cant do mine, I know it is just factory Mb but I should still be able to overclock with some utility, and I do have CPU-Z and use it. I do appreciate the response though, I do take your advisement seriously,I just have done a few overclocking on many factory mb's just have to know there limitations. I was just hoping someone knew where some good overclock utility's where. Oh I have been corresponding with Ace and the say "I would not advise overclocking on any cpu but yes it could be overclock.
m
l
Related resources
a b À AMD
a c 242 K Overclocking
October 25, 2011 1:56:08 PM

all right, athlon X2 4400 can be overclocked am2 but depend on motherboard not just cooler, is mobo support it or no ??, I know like Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 motherboard (socket AM2)/ or from asus board, and not from dell/HP /acer.
certainly no longer worth the upgrade AM2 mobo on
today, nah .. hopefully there is someone who can
help it, to fit with your expectations .. Good luck
m
l
October 26, 2011 3:47:13 AM

Thank you for the info. I was talking with another acer m1100 ownr and he flashed his bios to a newer ver but I now from exp that it could be fatal to the computer if not done right.
m
l
!